Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RalliArt Test Drive (Merge)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I think I might be taking a drive out that way myself to go see the car.

Also: I'm right off the Belfast exit of 33 myself...good to see another local. Where exactly are you from?

Last edited by hibby; Sep 25, 2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hay hibby,

Live in Allentown, The dealer is on lehigh street by the south mall right off of Rt. 309 (they call it the automile because there are tons of car dealers on that street. If you stop by ask for Norris, he's cool he sold my two cars so far. The rallieart is graphite gray with no options at $27K something. they just got it in today at 6pm. Take a look its sweet, they have one white Evo MR and a bunch of Evo GSRs.

Brian-
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, you're Brian? I'm Bryan. Nice to "meet" you.

I've been out to Kelly before (on a Sunday, attempting to take some "artsy" pics without getting harassed); I think I'll probably have to give Norris a call before I go, since I don't think I can get out there until Monday. At the very least, it's good to hear that the cars are starting to hit the Valley.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Too bad allentown is like... a 4hr drive from me
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:41 PM

Nice short review. Does this mean that Ralliart Lancer is officially available in U.S now?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

@ Lovecolt
I would think so. Norris said that New Jersey got there ralliarts yesterday.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by strife
My local dealer Kelly mitsu in Allentown Pa. just got one GG base model 2009 rallieart. I have been waiting to test drive it for 6 months to see if I wanted it or a SSS GSR.

Thanks Norris!

I already have a 2008 lancer GTS and 2007 Outlander.

The Rallieart is nice, it feels just like my GTS inside and out. It had the same seats as my GTS but with a cool diamond pattern on it, the back seats too. The gear shifter is really small, the photo's don't show just how small the boot really is. it took me a minuet to figure out that you have to pull up on the ring under the shifter grip to put it in gear.

The toggle switch on the steering column switches between the sport and normal mode for the tranny, and of course we know it has the tarmac, gravel, and snow settings.

I drove it up a steep highway and then back to the dealer through a twisty mountain road. I took some of the twistys harder than I wanted but the car shook it off. It has good acceleration but nothing special. It did make my GTS feel like a old neon off the line. The dual clutch auto felt good although I missed the feeling of the clutch when when I wanted to fly out of a corner. The handling felt just like my GTS, maybe a little tighter but I couldn't push the car. I floored the gas from stop sign making a right on gravel and it pulled out hard without a hint of wheel spin.

All and all I love the car! This is the best stock non-Evo Mitsu I have ever driven.

With that said I set up negotiations with the dealer to get a silver SSS GSR. I love the ralliart but its not an Evo and never will be. The evo just feels sleeker, faster, and sexier to me.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

This is what I am afraid of. You are paying way to much for GTS level performance and a fancy transmission with AWD that does little to help performance.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

True, but I feel the GTS corners and handles very well for a stock car (not even close to my old eclipses that were modified) the AWD of the ralliart just takes it to the next level and the boost in power helps even it out.

The ralliart feels slow and sluggish compared to a Masdaspeed3 or SRT4 but I personally would still rather drive the ralliart. The ralliart drove just like my mothers 2006 Subaru Legacy GT (250HP, AWD, turbo) which is fine as long as you don’t want to race it stock.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:46 AM

Tom Masano Mitsubishi in Reading PA got a gray one in on Wed., probably going to check it out next week.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone wants to buy a ralliart planning to dump lots $ in it to make it faster keep in mind the trany felt very slow compared to the 5 speed in the Evo. Never drove the MR though.

The trany in the ralliart was much faster than the CVT in my lancer, or at least it felt that way.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

True, but I feel the GTS corners and handles very well for a stock car (not even close to my old eclipses that were modified) the AWD of the ralliart just takes it to the next level and the boost in power helps even it out.

The ralliart feels slow and sluggish compared to a Masdaspeed3 or SRT4 but I personally would still rather drive the ralliart. The ralliart drove just like my mothers 2006 Subaru Legacy GT (250HP, AWD, turbo) which is fine as long as you don’t want to race it stock.

When I drove a GTS I thought it was pretty good for what it was, a cheap fun car. The RA is not cheap in my opinion and SLUGGISH is not thrilling me. Anything that drives like something my mother drives is a real turnoff unless my mom is Danica Patrick.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

@ hibby
I'm test driving another GSR on Sat. If they still have the ralliart I will take photos.

Nice to meet you too, what do you drive now that you looking at ralliarts and evos?

Last edited by strife; Sep 26, 2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

If anyone wants to buy a ralliart planning to dump lots $ in it to make it faster keep in mind the trany felt very slow compared to the 5 speed in the Evo. Never drove the MR though.

The trany in the ralliart was much faster than the CVT in my lancer, or at least it felt that way.

The CTS tranny seems to roll when paddle shifted. It was a surge feel. Not a crisp snap.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

When I drove a GTS I thought it was pretty good for what it was, a cheap fun car. The RA is not cheap in my opinion and SLUGGISH is not thrilling me. Anything that drives like something my mother drives is a real turnoff unless my mom is Danica Patrick.
Compared to a GTS the ralliart is not sluggish, and my mothers Legacy GT is pretty fast. Her last car was a 1992 turbo MR2 and she drive like Danica Patrick, scares the $@#% out of me and she’s in her 60s!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

@ dboz
I know what you mean, I stopped using the paddles awile ago because of that. The ralliart ones was more of a lite kick, as good as I have felt without a clutch.

Quick Reply: RalliArt Test Drive (Merge)