Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RalliArt Test Drive (Merge)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thun712
I remember one of the reviews for it actually referred to it as an very very upscale GTS. Comparison with an Evo will bring disappointment according to them. It may been have Car and Driver or Edmunds.
Absolutely -- if you think of the Ralliart as a race car, then it's a pale shadow of the Evo, but if you think of it as a daily driver, it's a really fun car, which is why I'm buying one. Fact is, an Evo should be embarrassing to drive around town, if you're over 25, while a Ralliart will not be so ridiculously showy.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
total RAPE in PR for that thing $35k!

the release article is in spanish but the price is quite universal

http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/not...portiva/457253

oh thats USD($) btw
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:11 AM

If I had the money I would have the EVO. I think that most of us would. But the ability to take a RA or other lower model and make it the monster that their big brothers fear is what makes it fun to be a driver.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aestival
Fact is, an Evo should be embarrassing to drive around town, if you're over 25
Did you seriously just say that? Someone has some security issues.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MetalMagic666
If I had the money I would have the EVO. I think that most of us would. But the ability to take a RA or other lower model and make it the monster that their big brothers fear is what makes it fun to be a driver.
This is true, I actually feel like the Ralliart has the potential to be faster than the EVO in terms of straight line performance (vs. the MR) due to the weight savings from removing the AYC.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The next person to post "you're an idiot", will get banned. If you cannot have a civilized discussion, go to another forum.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:33 AM

^+1
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:21 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ambystom01
The next person to post "you're an idiot", will get banned. If you cannot have a civilized discussion, go to another forum.
Here I am coming in here getting ready for some really R/A info...

What a useless thread
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

It's an opinion thread...read the title! The moderator is strongly suggesting NOT calling other people's opinions "idiotic," because they are o-p-i-n-i-o-n-s, not facts.

Go troll another forum...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:12 PM

It's become more of an argument of cars. Someone practically changed the topic due to stupid emotions and a sense of pride. No one really cared about those two. If you want information go to the tech thread. It has some descent information and people post a little more informed information then My car could eat and evo stuff. This has become more opinionated. The RA is not an evo end of story. Stop trying to compare the two and get on with your lives.
Now for the rest of us. I still think the RA was a great Idea on Mitsu's part but the pricing structure they set was flawwed. If they release the hatch next year and the manny option for both they should be able to get themselves into a good place.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

The title is open-ended. I agree, tech thread is for facts. If this thread got off on a tangent it's because the title leaves *comparisons* on the table for discussion. "What do you think of the RA..." as compared with what? If it were the only car on the planet, it will provide a way from point a to point b. Since it's in a market with hundreds of alternatives, we naturally have to base our *opinions* off of this fact.

Some want to drag race, and will dissect that aspect of the car. It's still valid as to answering the OP. Everyone needs to lighten up and quit bringing name calling negativity with into a general discussion...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:33 PM

Thats not it. The title is "What do you think of the RA?". Not compare it to something. Nor does that have anything to do with an RB motor. So to continue the original Question. What do YOU think of the new RA? Pros' and Con's? Get it now? Wait till 2010? Buy an evo instead? Not drag race and RB 240?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Comparisons are applicable to this topic. As an obvious example, what do you think of the Ralliart in light of the other cars on the market? You can't restrict yourself to a bubble where the only car in existence is the Ralliart.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:13 PM

I'll be waiting for the 2010 model, wait and see on the tranny and hopefully a hp increase
Old Sep 17, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

The 2009 Evo apparently got an HP increase. As posted on another forum I think right now Mitsu may try to spotlight the Ralliart. Both good and bad things. Higher prices, Mitsu cutting corners on the design are all things stacked up against the car. Maybe a little wait would be wise. This is odd coming from me because I am NOT a patient person, but in writing it makes sense. If the dealers praise the car, they will try and shove it at buyers at higher prices. In my area, dealers are not cutting price on the Evo, so I'm guessing they won't on the RA.

I love the tech packages and the options. I don't mind the SST at all, but the reviewers have all agreed that the breaking needs work, the tires suck and create oversteering. A combination of the poor tire grip and the ECU tuning (apparently) also makes it slower accelerating. The praises are the sleek design, relatively good value, FUN driving, good market for performance parts, solid turning, front/rear LSDs, Evo IX AWD.

I'm guessing the 2010 line will include a Manual transmission. Right now they want to spotlight the RA and the SST to stablish a rep and a possible market for the 2009 Evo MR.

Quick Reply: RalliArt Test Drive (Merge)