Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RalliArt Test Drive (Merge)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's kind of spendy for what you get if you want some decent options. It makes the 8 and 9 more appealing.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HYPERION-X
I think it's kind of spendy for what you get if you want some decent options. It makes the 8 and 9 more appealing.
But.. thats misses the point. This car IS about the options. If you wanted a 8 you wouldn't really be looking at the RA at all...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
With the gas crunch there focus is more on the fuel efficient models they offer rather than a turbo model such as the RA. I think there entire marketing strategy is in need of a serious overhaul to compete with the likes of Subie and Mazda. The proof, as Amby said, is on the street in the form of MS3's and WRX's in numbers that Mitsu can only dream of.
You actually need to HAVE a car on the marker to have numbers. Lets wait and see how the RA stacks up once it is actually available. And if you are looking at fuel econ, stick with the $18500.00 Honda Insight and have fun coasting your way to 100 MPG.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:47 PM

I've been looking into getting a Ralliart since they announced it, SST,AWD,Turbo charged what's not to love, sadly the price does hurt,

with the 09 WRX coming out, I'm wondering if the 08's will have a nice drop in price if so I may have to go that way
Old Sep 18, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Actually right now Subaru is making a killing compared to everyone else. This is due in large part to all the redesigns, Forester sales are through the roof and Impreza sales aren't bad either.
I agree that Mazda and Subaru need to take note but at the same time, they weren't the ones falling behind in the first place. Subaru has had the WRX since 03 and it's made a major name for itself; everyone knows what the car is and that it is fast. Mazda did very well with the MS3 and it shook up the market with its low price and stellar performance. Mitsubishi on the other hand gave us the previous Ralliart, a FWD, sub 200 HP sedan. It wasn't even in the same league. For us canucks, Mitsubishi literally made nothing that could compete. Only now do they actually offer an alternative. I highly suspect that they will have a hard time etching out a market because of this. The Evo isn't a massive seller (most people don't know what it is) and the Ralliart will likely follow in its footsteps. Mitsubishi needs to get off its *** and market the cars heavily. They need to instruct the dealerships to be more welcoming and considerably more cooperative. I know a few people who strongly considered an Evo but simply would not put up with the BS some dealers are pulling (ie. requiring a 5000$ deposit just to test drive the car).
Whoever said that the Ralliart will be a stealthy car is very naive. Yes it will be less blatant than the evo but it still has vents in the hood, large wheels, an aggressive front end and in some cases an outrageous paint color.

You do know that Mitsubishi sold more car in Canada last year than Subaru? Right?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 07:12 AM

I heard on another thread(Cant remember what one) But they said the AWD VW is working its way back to the market here in the USA as of 2010. Think this will cause an issue with Mitsu?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by heavyD
You do know that Mitsubishi sold more car in Canada last year than Subaru? Right?
Subaru is also one of the only companies who has consistent sales this year.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

It's kind of sad what the car market is looking like in comparison to say... 2003 or 2004 where we had the WRX in it first form, the what it was always meant to be evolution, then the STi... the SRT-4 the SVT Cobra S/C... I mean did we get soft THAT fast? So many people are now complaining about utility and gas mileage and features I mean come on. Now we have the EVO IX, oh yay the MS3 which is only available as a hot hatch, and the seriously ugly dodge caliber srt-4 too being a HATCH wtf and now the STi is only a HATCH I mean damn. Car markets gone too soft I think.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

I know of six indivduals that sold their 04-05 STIs for turbo Foresters. Why? Because it's as easy to make a Forester handle and accelerete as good as the STI, all the while being able to have children, or dogs, and put STUFF one buys in the back. There is nothing tackier than an aftermarket roof rack for bikes and skis on a sedan!

If it makes you feel any better, Honda ditched the SI hatch in favor of the TOTALLY AWESOME coupe SI...
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

I don't understand why people cry about the I have a family now so I need to ditch the STi or EVO for umm... a Forester XT that I am just going to modify and make it just as stiff. The STi/EVO in case people didn't remember can seat 5 and has a big trunk too. I don't understand how people scream impracticality.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:37 AM

^ you have no idea how wrong you are. Its obvious you dont have kids. if you do they are over 5 yrs old. Even though it sits 5 it does not comfotably fit a baby seat. Unless you are under 5'6" tall. That goes for your passenger to. The rear facing baby seats take up so much room and do not sit correctly unless level. This requires the seats to be far enough forward to allow for this, making the drive a tight fit for some one who is only 5'11". And I mean TIGHT to the point I'd rather walk. I had to ditch my lancer for a CX-7. =( But I am hoping to get an RA or Evo as a 2nd car.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
You actually need to HAVE a car on the marker to have numbers. Lets wait and see how the RA stacks up once it is actually available. And if you are looking at fuel econ, stick with the $18500.00 Honda Insight and have fun coasting your way to 100 MPG.
No you don't. Some mitusbishi dealers don't have any idea about the RA, let alone its features or arrival date. I've been to several Mitsu dealers myself and when you mention the RA they either look at you funny or they try to sell you the Galant RA. If the people who are supposed to be selling it don't have a clue how many do you think they'll sell. This is why people, even people on these boards, are jumping ship and going to something else. As far as fuel economy goes you took my comment out of context. I said Mitsu is focusing there advertising on the more fuel effiicient vehicles they offer, another blow to RA sales.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Subaru is also one of the only companies who has consistent sales this year.
Yes because of multiple new model launches. You post made it sound like Canadians aren't going to look at the Ralliart because Subaru is ahead of them which isn't the case as Mistubishi has sold far more N/A Ralliarts in Canada than Subaru has sold WRX's. IMO the new awd Ralliart will easily sell on par or better than the WRX. As negative as you want to spin it Mitsubihsi has done extremely well in Canada when you consider they came in to the market from nowhere and surpassed Subaru in sales in only five years. It's not like the WRX is a household name because it's not amongst middle age or older adults. It's well known by young people but then so is the EVO and Ralliart so your point is baseless.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I highly doubt that Mitsubishi has sold more NA Ralliarts than WRXs. The WRX was released earlier and it was a far better performer, especially for canadians (AWD was a huge selling point). I'm not saying the Ralliart won't sell, I simply think it will be a hard battle on their part. The WRX is far better known than the Ralliart, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't know what the car is. I would wager that the main sellers for Mitsubishi are either the base lancers or the galants, not the Ralliart.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

I highly doubt anyone has sold more cars than the Subaru WRX. It is a proven fact that the WRX out sold the Camry, Accord and Civic. But not the altima

jking

Last edited by R1ckyB0bbyyy; Sep 18, 2008 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: RalliArt Test Drive (Merge)