Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Test drove WW RA today!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test drove WW RA today!

So I had to find a new dealer cuz the one i got my 08 cali-spec GTS from closed. Just for kicks I asked the dude if I could do a test drive and he let me test drive a RA and a 2.4L GTS.
If i got either i would be about 3k upside down from my 4 year GTS lease unless i put some money down on it. So here's the numbers ballpark for both w/ 2k down.
RA (base, no options) $27-28k: 489/month @ 72 months or 229 @ 84 months
2.4 GTS (SunSound,NavTech packs) $23k: 439/month @72 monts or 395 @ 84 months.

This was at like 5-6% estimate. Might be little better depending on what finance says with my credit score and stuff.

I like all the toys on my GTS but the gas mileage is good, but the cali-spec is slow. I live in New England and the RA's AWD would own with my Pirelli winter tires i have for my GTS. Would gain the AWD and performance but would lose some of the tech stuff. Plus I would own the RA and get out my lease...stupid mileage charges. Change of life and moving again will make the lease suck more than now and i already moved once lol.

Whats your opinion?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

I say get the RA if you really like it Also it depends if you drive a lot, if you do it would be better if you got out of the lease. But i say go for the RA!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:41 PM

27-28k for a Ralli Art? if i were you, i'd just spend the extra money and get an evo gsr. if you have great credit, you could get the evo @ 0% for 60 months through mitsu or if you want to spend even more, you could get the mr @ 4.9% for 60 months. check the mitsu site for more details bro...or if you REALLY wanted an evo, you could go to cali to socal mitsu (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=372913) and you could get a gsr for 29k with the 0% for 60 months ......good luck with your decision/purchase...

Last edited by sti killr; Oct 20, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Lol.. I love these debates.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:48 PM

two members were able to get theirs for 24~25k, out the door, so i think they can do better on that price for you
Old Oct 21, 2008, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spicaly
two members were able to get theirs for 24~25k, out the door, so i think they can do better on that price for you
It's because he's factoring in 3k for his upsidedown vehicle he's in now I assume...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

wow and i thought financing my car over 48 months was a long commitment. I cant imagine financing a car for 72 or even 84 months. If its going to take you that long to pay it off, you clearly can't afford it
Old Oct 21, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
wow and i thought financing my car over 48 months was a long commitment. I cant imagine financing a car for 72 or even 84 months. If its going to take you that long to pay it off, you clearly can't afford it
I finance all my cars for 72 months, but not because i can't afford it. But because it's nice to know not all my money is tied up to a car payment if I need it for an emergency. In a normal month i usually send triple payments in.

Last edited by EsRt2evo; Oct 21, 2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
I agree -- anything past five years is a huge ball and chain -- aim for four years, and go to three if you can, or to five if you find the perfect car. Cars can last more than five years, but you won't want to be tied down for longer than that: even the best production lines ship the occasional lemon, and there's always something better just around the corner.

Just don't follow advice from the retirement set and pay cash -- unless your only other debt is a ridiculously low-interest mortgage or something like that (i.e. the kind of finances people over 65 tend to have, not the kind of finances people buying Lancers tend to have :-)
Old Oct 21, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

That is what leasing is for. The problem with 60,72,84 months is the horrendous interest you would pay over that time. Almost like buying half of another car. If you can't get a very low interest rate on the buy, try the leasing route.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
It's because he's factoring in 3k for his upsidedown vehicle he's in now I assume...
Yeah hopefully that is the case, the local dealer here offered me a great deal , a ralliart at msrp because they were so hard to come by
Old Oct 21, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I say the prices are too high (mostly on the GTS) keep negociating... A 23k GTS, no way dude. 21k the most (that's with a bunch of stuff extra)
28k for a Ralliart, no way either. Stuff is tough outside, the economy sucks and you want to get the best deals; you can get a Ralliart for 25k. Even it that means going out of state!

It all depends on your credit though. Listen one thing I know for sure, Mitsu will try to nail you (like any other dealer); If you have badass credit (over 720 and good history) you can get a blank check from good creditors like Capital One (I know cause my ES loan is from them) and pay at your Mitsu Dealer so you don't have to negociate with them, avoid the hassle. There's also a link on capitalone.com where they will help you get a "No Hassle Price" based on the car you want, and if the dealer is participating in the offer, they HAVE to give you the car for that price, no questions asked. I know because that's how I got my '08 ES

Last edited by jazket; Oct 21, 2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

28k is correct for the R/A provided you get the Recaro package.
24-25k base model.