Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Canadian "Dealer Cost"?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008 | 02:05 PM

Canadian "Dealer Cost"?

Hey guys,

This is my first post on here. I have been reading this forum for over a year though as I have wanted a Lancer ever since I saw the GTS first come out. I have never been much of a car guy, (my dad is that guy) so whenever people would ask what kind of car I like, I really had no answer because I did not like the styling of any cars out there that were within the middle class price range. Once I saw the very angry looking front end of the GTS I knew I had found the car for me style wise. Then I started doing my research.

That is what brought me here. Then I heard about the Ralliart and figured I'd wait it out to get AWD. Now this car is finally popping up around my area, though not at the Oakville, Ontario Dealership that I live near, as of yet.

This would be my first new car, so I don't want to get ripped off as we all know the Ralliart is not cheap, and I would like to go into negotiation prepared.

So my first question in these forums is if anyone knows the approx. dealer cost for the Ralliart so I know roughly where to begin when I begin the haggling process.

Thanks in advance for any usefull info provided.

This forum is great and I truely value everyones insight on here.
Old Nov 13, 2008 | 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

check out www.carcostcanada.com
You have to pay to use it, I think its $30 or 40.
It will give you all the information you want.
Old Nov 13, 2008 | 10:23 PM

Here in Vancouver, base price is $32,998 with cloth recaro and HID as standard package. Look at one dealer and ask them to add accessories if they can't really put the price down. e.g. tinting windows, all-season mats or gas card lol.
Tell this offer to another dealer and see if they can match it or add something more

Last edited by nicktec; Nov 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2008 | 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Dealer cost must factor in not just what they pay for the car, but all of the kickbacks they get from Mitsubishi Canada. This isn't rocket science, though the Ralliart is fairly new -- offer something like 5% under the MSRP+delivery/etc. and see what happens (that's almost always a margin that's fair to both you and the dealer). Ask to see the dealer invoice, and ask what incentives Mitsubishi offers them on top of that. The economy is tanking -- unless you're in a hurry, there's no risk at all in telling them what you'll pay and then walking away to let them mull it over. I'd like to think that the Ralliart will be wildly successful, but I don't think a lot of people are rushing out to buy cars right now.

By the way, it pays to get a book on buying a car, because their sales tactics range from the really obvious (there's always another buyer, the deals they're offering won't last) to the much less obvious (hidden charges that appear when you're on the verge of buying, and a whole slew of things I wouldn't pretend to know myself).

Last edited by aestival; Nov 14, 2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2008 | 01:37 PM

Thanks for the info guys! Any of you already have one? If so did you negotiate with the Dealer? The Oakville location just called me and told me they have a Rotor Glow one coming in on the 20th, and the guy who had my number told me "(owners name) really likes you and was wondering if you would like to put a deposit on this one before it comes in" I told him I would come in to take a look at it for sure, because I have yet to see one in person but I would be in the market for GG.....although the white looks really good on this car too.
Old Nov 14, 2008 | 09:00 PM

You might also want to check out APA (http://apa.ca)
Old Nov 15, 2008 | 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WesleyPipes
Thanks for the info guys! Any of you already have one? If so did you negotiate with the Dealer? The Oakville location just called me and told me they have a Rotor Glow one coming in on the 20th, and the guy who had my number told me "(owners name) really likes you and was wondering if you would like to put a deposit on this one before it comes in" I told him I would come in to take a look at it for sure, because I have yet to see one in person but I would be in the market for GG.....although the white looks really good on this car too.
I like the orange best, but graphite gray is extremely nice -- white is a really stupid colour to choose if you live where it snows, and unless you spend most of your time driving in Toronto, there are going to be times when everything around you is white. Personally, I wouldn't be buying the orange if I lived in as high-crime an area as the GTA (i.e. any larger city), because it sort of screams look-at-me, but it's definitely safer than white in most of Canada.