Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

9lbs of Boost on the Ralliart not 19!!!!!!!!!!(TTP engineering)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Glowshift is a cheap brand, there's a reason why you never see Glowshift gauges in top of the line show cars or in race cars. Clearly you installed the gauge incorrectly.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Glowshift is a cheap brand, there's a reason why you never see Glowshift gauges in top of the line show cars or in race cars. Clearly you installed the gauge incorrectly.

I dont think anyone is going to make sense to this guy he swears that his GLOWSHIFT gauge is Super accurate and that the whole forum is wrong just because his Cuz's GTI only boost 9psi

"Ignorance is bliss"
Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

This is embarassing, as a RA owner.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Everyone can settle down all im saying is thats what its reading..... and as far as it being hooked up wrong...... hey possiblity.....doubt it but it could be. If its 9psi fine thats cool if its 19 thats **** poor engineering this isnt a MR were talking about its an RA with a single-scroll turbo and doesnt make since to have that much boost.

I have an idea how bout someone else spends some money on a different gauge hooks it up and see what they get instead of everyone just talking how about it let see some action.

U can attack me for being the first one to try it while everyone sits around and talks about it. Just do it.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lancerdave86
Everyone can settle down all im saying is thats what its reading..... and as far as it being hooked up wrong...... hey possiblity.....doubt it but it could be. If its 9psi fine thats cool if its 19 thats **** poor engineering this isnt a MR were talking about its an RA with a single-scroll turbo and doesnt make since to have that much boost.

I have an idea how bout someone else spends some money on a different gauge hooks it up and see what they get instead of everyone just talking how about it let see some action.

U can attack me for being the first one to try it while everyone sits around and talks about it. Just do it.
Did you not just see the dyno graphs that had the boost readout? I believe TTP posted one and another tuner posted one. Those are much, much more accurate than a mechanical gauge.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:06 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GLOWS...Q5fAccessories

Super accurate awesome gauges will not be found for $28 on ebay.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

i paid $50 and thats not the one i bought but theres a difference between super accurate and way off and 10psi difference falls in that category
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Well either your boost gauge is hooked up wrong or your car is broken, it's up to you to decide which is more embarrassing. TTP already did datalogging, you might as well argue against their results with a narrowband O2 sensor.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

i paid $50 and thats not the one i bought but theres a difference between super accurate and way off and 10psi difference falls in that category
50$ is cheap for a boost gauge, why do you think Defis cost 100$+ per gauge?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

im not arguing i only said what my boost gauge said. I didnt design it but trusted them enough to buy it. if u read my first post i said idk whos right but this is what my gauge said.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

im not arguing i only said what my boost gauge said. I didnt design it but trusted them enough to buy it. if u read my first post i said idk whos right but this is what my gauge said.
You are arguing, it's pretty clear from your posts that you think your gauge is right and TTP's datalogs are wrong.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Fix your boost gauge installation and then we can stop making fun of it.
I have a 60mm Greddy Mechanical gauge white face for sale. It's used, but its super accurate. I have used it in my 400whp evo. I switched to a Greddy peak/warning one. $75.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

all this controversey about the 09RA is making us argue too much lol.
Bom's Evo maybe you should install yours for a day, it wouldnt hurt as we need more sources
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Plz im sick of getting jumped on bc i had a different result then someone else
Old Dec 15, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

just found this article on http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...umentid=643806 if u want to check it out but heres the main part of the article that should satisfy this thread lol

The Ralliart uses a smaller turbo than the unit that pressurizes the Evo. The max boost pressure really tells the tale, with the Ralliart seeing 13.3 psi and the Evo pumping 22.4 psi when the hammer drops. Consequentially, the Evo generates 291 horsepower compared to the Ralliart, which is rated at 237 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque. The Ralliart sports a blocky, plateau-like torque curve, with its peak 253 lb-ft online from 2500 to 4750 rpm.

Quick Reply: 9lbs of Boost on the Ralliart not 19!!!!!!!!!!(TTP engineering)