Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

TTP and Z-chip and TC-SST trans

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTP and Z-chip and TC-SST trans

I have been reading of some tuning on the 09 RA with a z-chip.
Specifically I am curious about the torque protection for the trans.
When this is happening is the engine cutting back power (by closing throttle or reducing boost or timing) OR is the Transmission "feathering" the clutch causing clutch slip? Naturally clutch slipping could greatly reduce the life of the trans and the other option (reducing power) is of little consequence.

Also If TTP should respond directly to this post, is the Z-chip a true drop-in, could I purchase this chip and install myself? I live in Illinois.

And lastly I have read of problems with CEL, this would also be kind of a bummer.

I have an 09 RA.
Jerry
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The zchip is a direct plug and play and could be self installed in 10mins
Old Jan 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The throttle plate reportedly closes according to the information we have at this time.

Yes the ZChip has been self installed in over 100+ Evo's so far. They come preloaded with a dynotested basemap, however the ZTuner software comes with the ZChip so that the end user can also further customize and tune their own vehicle if they mod it further, use racefuel etc.