Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Do you think the RA radio deck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think the RA radio deck

Can be modded?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I think somewhere in the Lancer GTS forum people swapped their deck....

separate topic, do you guys have trouble getting the AUX jack to work? I bought the RCA cable and plugged it in to my wife's iPhone and PSP and no sound came out....any help?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

did u switch it to Auxiliary?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerdave86
did u switch it to Auxiliary?
yeah I did, by holding down the CD button I think. Anyway it showed "AUX" on the display
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

yea thats right
Old Jan 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

The only issue I found with going to AUX has been its built in gain control. If no audio is coming out of my MP3 player when i switch to AUX, i hear a hiss and clicking noise over the system both when there is no noise, and when sound starts playing. I believe this to be the gain maxed out. If I have the tunes playing first, the sound is clear.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by suprPHREAK
The only issue I found with going to AUX has been its built in gain control. If no audio is coming out of my MP3 player when i switch to AUX, i hear a hiss and clicking noise over the system both when there is no noise, and when sound starts playing. I believe this to be the gain maxed out. If I have the tunes playing first, the sound is clear.
Yup, same hiss with my stereo, too. It's kinda annoying and it can be awful on your ears.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

^agreed. I hear the hiss noise too
Old Jan 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

I heard the hissing noise also. What I've been doing, and not getting sound, was switching to AUX first, start playing my iPhone or PSP, then plug the cable in to the devices. What you guys are saying is I should plug the cable in, getting the MP3 playing, then switch to AUX?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Heliart
I heard the hissing noise also. What I've been doing, and not getting sound, was switching to AUX first, start playing my iPhone or PSP, then plug the cable in to the devices. What you guys are saying is I should plug the cable in, getting the MP3 playing, then switch to AUX?

I tried that tonight, makes no difference in my car. Do you have an other set of RCA cables to try?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Heliart
That is what works for me. Depending on the quality of the output, you might still get hiss, but the popping should be gone.

Also, make sure your mp3 device volume is at full.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

i have bee playing the music first than switching to Aux. no problem so far only when i pause it. Im using the Ipod connection not the headphone jack plug though. I didnt have to worry about the volume being all the way up on the mp3 player either. better sound quality also
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

ok, by connecting the device first and enabling sound before switching to AUX worked for me. I did not try the steps I took before to prove the other way doesnt work tho. Maybe I'll do it tonight and see.