Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Gas mileage!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eg6motion
I get 28 city...and have more power...
but the weight and drivetrain are the culprits, not power. The mazdaspeed 6 is also AWD and achieves greater mpg than the ralliart.
Thanks for your contribution to this Ralliart thread!

Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raffreaky
how do u like the car so far
i abolsolutely love it. great ride (actually feels like your driving a car), lots of power, and gets a lot of people to do a double take. you wont be disappointed if you get one
Old Feb 1, 2009, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

I get crap for miles lol... I usually have to pump 2x a week, I have traffic hour in the morning so constantly taping gas and brakes.. and on the way home too, but on highway freely still not the best, but i love the car.. if gas goes up again we're all SCREWED ! heheheh
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lookitznite
I get crap for miles lol... I usually have to pump 2x a week, I have traffic hour in the morning so constantly taping gas and brakes.. and on the way home too, but on highway freely still not the best, but i love the car.. if gas goes up again we're all SCREWED ! heheheh
If gas goes up again (which it will), I am sure we will have some decent fuel and timing maps to give better mpg at the cost of performance, especially since ECUFlash is out now. That way, we can just swap the ECU ROM depending on our need.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eg6motion
I get 28 city...and have more power...
but the weight and drivetrain are the culprits, not power. The mazdaspeed 6 is also AWD and achieves greater mpg than the ralliart.
The AWD in the mazdaspeed6 is a dinosaur compared to the ones in the Ralliart and the EVO. As for drive quality, it is nowhere as performance and handling oriented as the Mitsu, Which might I add is the main reason most of us opt for these cars. There is a good reason why they discontinued them, because they SUCKED at what they did compared to the competition. I also dont think there are very many ECU Tuning options for the Mazda like ECUFlash, although I might be wrong about that.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:08 AM

I was comparing the Ralliart and Ms3 when I was shopping for my car last year. I wasnt expecting that Ralliart's mileage would be this bad compared to my MS3 now.. Maybe AWD really does have a diff in Mpg. But I wasnt expecting a 230+hp would have much worst mileage vs 260+hp....

But as long as you guys are having fun thats what matters. I do love the design of the Ralliart, but I dont see them much here in Rowland heights... I'm planning to test drive one this month and see how it really performs.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
If gas goes up again (which it will), I am sure we will have some decent fuel and timing maps to give better mpg at the cost of performance, especially since ECUFlash is out now. That way, we can just swap the ECU ROM depending on our need.
There's absolutely no reason for that, you can tune an ECU for efficiency at part throttle without affecting the WOT performance one bit.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve93Talon
There's absolutely no reason for that, you can tune an ECU for efficiency at part throttle without affecting the WOT performance one bit.
You got me there !
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

I'd like to read more information about that. I've been consistently getting 22mpg in the rolling hills in Wisconsin....
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

I consistently get 19.5mpg on my daily commute which includes a 2 miles local drive and 13 miles parkway drive which isn't really a cruising stretch....I rarely see the indicator go belong 20mpg. My low fuel indicator comes on after 200 miles and the fuel gauge shows completely empty around 210 miles....

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
With a little bit of city and a lot of highway driving (cruising at 65-70), I've been getting a solid 23mpg. If I'm in the mood for some extra punch, I give it around 17-18mpg.

Even with the different 5th/6th gear ratios, the mpgs aren't great. But, I never really considered great mpg when I bought my RA. Going from an '05 Tiburon and getting an (estimated) 16mpg overall - its a small improvement that I wasn't expecting.

I have a 2003 Tiburon V6 and it actually gets better MPG than my Ralliart. I get about 250 miles a tank on the tibby comparing to 220 on my Ralliart, tank size is the same on both cars
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I dont' fill up til 250miles on the RA. its like 11.0 to 11.5 gallons.
The thing that kills the gas is the 250ftlbs at the low end. You can't even control that. All that torque is downlow. And if you have a heavy foot. You will be boosting.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
The thing that kills the gas is the 250ftlbs at the low end. You can't even control that. All that torque is downlow. And if you have a heavy foot. You will be boosting.
Very good point! I didn't even think about that. I suppose that's where the Evo X turbo would be a nice addition so you aren't always boosting.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
wow 250 miles that pretty good....the most I've gotten was like 240 with the gauge showing empty....
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:26 AM

On my commute this morning I ended up getting 28.3 mpg. I drive 30 miles on the freeway to work everyday. I got my ralliart a week ago and that's the best I've got or even heard of. I love the car! I also compared to the MS3 and ultimately ended up with the ralliart. The biggest factor was the all-wheel-drive. But after driving it for a week I've found quite a few things I like more. The tranny is amazing! In the back country mountain roads, putting that tranny in sport mode the car really comes alive! I have an all new respect for the car! Great AWD grip! Great handling! Lighting quick shifts! Tons of power down low where you need it when powering out of the switchback county roads! Just an awesome driving experience! It has the power when you want it and decent fuel efficiency when you need it! Doesn't get any better!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ralli_85
On my commute this morning I ended up getting 28.3 mpg. I drive 30 miles on the freeway to work everyday.
wow thats impressive

how fast do you cruise most of the trip?