Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart vs the world

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CyberP
It will beat the Ford Probe GT I tradded on it. (At least on paper). Testing at lower speeds and what left on the pedal between the two It seems plausible. (and a bit of gut instinct thown in the calcs)
I'd certainly hope so. A Probe GT was like 165 hp.

EDIT: This Civic forum **** is hilarious.

Last edited by hibby; Feb 17, 2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 RA vs 5th gen Prelude

Win for the RA
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:08 PM

Don't knock the Probe low hp. The car was capable stock at top 130mph. I have been told my stock RA on paper will do 144mph. Not a huge diff, at least on the top end. Well.... getting there that's a different story.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I love the Honda hatred, of course a more expensive, newer, AWD turbocharged car will beat an older, FWD car or a newer, FWD car. The Si is down 50 HP, what do people expect? Take it to the track and it could be a different story, Honda has consistently made great handling FWD cars and that could result in a very close race.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CyberP
Don't knock the Probe low hp. The car was capable stock at top 130mph. I have been told my stock RA on paper will do 144mph. Not a huge diff, at least on the top end. Well.... getting there that's a different story.
And how many people race top speed races? If you're going to do that, you might as well just go off the paper stats and save yourself the gas.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
And how many people race top speed races? If you're going to do that, you might as well just go off the paper stats and save yourself the gas.
Amby read my mind. Top speed is often a product of factory restriction more than a product of power, gearing, or aerodynamics.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

because there is no paper in internetland?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hibby
Amby read my mind. Top speed is often a product of factory restriction more than a product of power, gearing, or aerodynamics.
I think most cars will hit an aerodynamic restriction before they hit a power restriction. Look at the design of the Evo or the STI, not exactly Porsche smooth. Even the cars that claim a 200 MPH top speed can't even hit it. I doubt they're actually tested, I suspect they're produced using a wind machine and very fancy computer algorithms.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Hard to say. I think one of the auto mags did an article on this last year, and missed 200 with a number of "200 mph" cars. (To be fair though, they were on a runway with a finite length. Given enough room, I suspect the cars that claim 200 can probably do it, but who really has a 20,000 foot runway at their disposal? And really, thinking further, a power restriction and an aero restriction are basically one and the same. Either lowering Cd or raising horsepower will extend top speed, although perhaps not to the same effect.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:31 PM

09 Ralliart vs. 05-06 G35 Coupe?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:53 PM

g35 coupe runs low 14's. Shouldn't have a problem with them. You'll lose to a 350z though. Even though it's the same motor and trans, it's littler and you'll lose. The later with the VQ35HR is even faster then the older 350z with the VQ35DE
Old Feb 18, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

I love the Honda hatred, of course a more expensive, newer, AWD turbocharged car will beat an older, FWD car or a newer, FWD car. The Si is down 50 HP, what do people expect? Take it to the track and it could be a different story, Honda has consistently made great handling FWD cars and that could result in a very close race.

cough cough Type R
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:07 AM

Not ALL AWD turbocharged car will beat all older or newer fwd cars. A Dodge Neon SRT/4 will beat you everytime in a 1/4 mile race.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Hence why I didn't say all FWD cars, the Cobalt SS is one of the best bang for the buck cars right now and it's FWD.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:49 PM

Hence why I didn't say all FWD cars, the Cobalt SS is one of the best bang for the buck cars right now and it's FWD.
I'm blown away by the Cobalt SS. Just goes to show that GM can make amazing products when it tries to. Of course I read they are suspending the division that produces cars like this for the next couple of years.

RA is certainly better than my former '05 Saab 9-2x/wrx. The TC-SST is worth every penny, and the stock RA has more power than the 05 wrx ej20 with a re-flash and catless up/dp. I figure a RA with a re-flash and DP ought to be an amazing dd with more useable power 'under the curve' than either the WRX/STi or the Evo X.

I def prefer the RA as a DD to the GSR evo, though some may disagree. The evo's suspension will beat you up after a while. I had one for a week and while i LOVED the power and handling I was not as sad to see it go as I expected that I would be.

Quick Reply: Ralliart vs the world