Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2009 RA or Genesis Coup

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey that Neon SRT-4 is a sick car! haha. I mean honestly look at that SRT-4. buy one for 7-9k build a built engine for about maybe 5 and have a 500+ hp freak that seats four for under 15k can you beat that? Ok maybe that front is ugly but if your driving it you can't see it... haha
Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EsRt2evo
Give it 2-3 years and the gen coupe will be the new Neon SRT-4. Hyundai's resale value + lots of aftermarket support + decent amount of coupes to go around = new boy racer.
Oh, it's TOTALLY going to be the new boy racermobile. There are also going to be TONS of smashed ones at auctions due to people losing control after the *** end swings out on them.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Give it 2-3 years and the gen coupe will be the new Neon SRT-4. Hyundai's resale value + lots of aftermarket support + decent amount of coupes to go around = new boy racer.
This car weights about the same a Ralliart does (3,439 pounds). I really don't see it being anywhere near the SRT4; I freaking hate the SRT4 for 4 reasons: Cheap, Cheap, F***ing Cheap Speed. U gotta give it to them. But a Gen being the next SRT, nah, not really. Probably on Mods yeah, but it won't compete with a well modded SRT4 at the drag strip. those bastard cheap and ugly looking SRT4 are roll kings.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Ok so cheap fast are a bad thing? And honestly who cares if ugly since your BEHIND the wheel not looking at the car. IMO
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by madcows
You can get V8 mustangs easily for $25k.

A base Camaro with a 300+ HP engine will start out at less than $23k!!
A Camaro SS will start around 27-28k - which is a much better choice than the 3.8L Hyundai V6.

I'm sure that in some trim the hyundai will beat an R/A in various races. That's not necessairly the point, nor is it all to the story. The R/A for one has more practicality. Second, it has AWD. Neither of those things are necessarily important to all buyers, though. So, what's my point? With the R/A, I truly believe you get what you pay for. Lots of great hardware waiting to be exploited. Like I said before, the hyundai is also a bargain, but only if we're talking about the 4 cylinder model. The V6 is too expensive considering there are better choices for the money.

Naturally aspirated engines take a lot more money and work to get power out of, unless they're really undertuned. I doubt this is the case with the hyundai V6. Looking under the hood, and the intake plenum hardly looks performance oriented. If I wanted a V6 coupe, I'd spend the extra $2k and get a 370z.

Eddie, I think you would find yourself greatly disappointed going from an Evo IX to a Genesis coupe regardless of trim level or package. The Evo will take it in most likely every single way possible.

The strength of the SST hasn't been determined yet. Has anyone toasted one yet? The only people that have had problems were the ones who were using piggybacks like the Z-chip. AMS and GST haven't reported transmission related issues when tuning the cars.

The R/A can make a decent little additional chunk of power with a simple tune. The hyundai may require some bolt-ons first. Either way, once you start adding some simple hardware, both should tune easily, and make a reasonable amount of power. I only say that the R/A should reliably make more because it has what's practically an evo engine. There's some good hardware in there.

Of course pro tuners are jumping on the bandwagon, and buying the turbo coups because:
1.) They are cheap
2.) Lots of people are going to buy them because they are cheap (see #1)
3.) Lots of people think coupes are hot.
4.) They come stock with the type of engine the 240SX should have had in America.

So, as I've said before - the turbo coupe is a bargain, with what will certainly be huge aftermarket support. The V6 coupe is not a bargain.

There is already a supercharger available in Korea for the V6.

I would like to know where the 25k base GT is coming from. 28k+ is what I have seen for a stripper. Second, have you seen the crap box interior of the Camaro RS? The Mustang interior is fairly nice however.

The V6 Coupe is pig rich from the factory. The factory tune cuts power at redline and kills it for about 3 seconds. I think there is already a factory reflash to get rid of that. My guess is that with an intake, exhaust and tune the V6 COUPE will surprise many. Again, I would not expect a 6 cylinder car to hang with a V8. As for the V6 Camaro, the numbers are out and not impressive 0-60 in 6.0 sec.. That car is HEAVY.

IMO, I do not want an expensive car. I want something that looks nice and handles and performs well for a daily driver. If I wanted something that was not cheap, I FOR SURE would not be looking at any of these 4 cylinder turbo cars. They are all econoboxes that ALL have cheap interior. The BIG 3 included. The Challenger interior is all cheap plastic, but that is not why people buy it.

For those 30 MPG naysayers on the 2.0t, do you believe 29 MPG for the V6 Camaro?!!

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...903169993/1039
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by imbonez9
Hey that Neon SRT-4 is a sick car! haha. I mean honestly look at that SRT-4. buy one for 7-9k build a built engine for about maybe 5 and have a 500+ hp freak that seats four for under 15k can you beat that? Ok maybe that front is ugly but if your driving it you can't see it... haha
Yeah but he was talking about the Caliber SRT-4 which is a world engine/GEMA. The Neon SRT-4 used a totally different motor and was built stronger then open deck GEMAS.

Originally Posted by dboz
As far as the block, the Caliber SRT4 uses the same block and is making 400-500hp so I see no reason why the COUPE won't be able to hold at least 350-400hp reliably.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

There is already a supercharger available in Korea for the V6.

I would like to know where the 25k base GT is coming from. 28k+ is what I have seen for a stripper. Second, have you seen the crap box interior of the Camaro RS? The Mustang interior is fairly nice however.

The V6 Coupe is pig rich from the factory. The factory tune cuts power at redline and kills it for about 3 seconds. I think there is already a factory reflash to get rid of that. My guess is that with an intake, exhaust and tune the V6 COUPE will surprise many. Again, I would not expect a 6 cylinder car to hang with a V8. As for the V6 Camaro, the numbers are out and not impressive 0-60 in 6.0 sec.. That car is HEAVY.

IMO, I do not want an expensive car. I want something that looks nice and handles and performs well for a daily driver. If I wanted something that was not cheap, I FOR SURE would not be looking at any of these 4 cylinder turbo cars. They are all econoboxes that ALL have cheap interior. The BIG 3 included. The Challenger interior is all cheap plastic, but that is not why people buy it.

For those 30 MPG naysayers on the 2.0t, do you believe 29 MPG for the V6 Camaro?!!

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...903169993/1039
I believe it on the Chevy yes. Chevy has been all about fuel consumption in their performance cars lately. Hell the corvette got upper 20's highway because of a LONG *** 6th gear. I remember reading somewhere that 5th gear is where the Corvette tops out and 6th is strictly for mpg. I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled something similar with the Camaro.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Yeah but he was talking about the Caliber SRT-4 which is a world engine/GEMA. The Neon SRT-4 used a totally different motor and was built stronger then open deck GEMAS.
No i was commenting to the comment of "This car weights about the same a Ralliart does (3,439 pounds). I really don't see it being anywhere near the SRT4; I freaking hate the SRT4 for 4 reasons: Cheap, Cheap, F***ing Cheap Speed. U gotta give it to them. But a Gen being the next SRT, nah, not really. Probably on Mods yeah, but it won't compete with a well modded SRT4 at the drag strip. those bastard cheap and ugly looking SRT4 are roll kings."

Not the Caliber one way above. Sorry if i confused anyone.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

I believe it on the Chevy yes. Chevy has been all about fuel consumption in their performance cars lately. Hell the corvette got upper 20's highway because of a LONG *** 6th gear. I remember reading somewhere that 5th gear is where the Corvette tops out and 6th is strictly for mpg. I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled something similar with the Camaro.
This makes no sense. So a heavier car with a V6 is believable but a lighter car with a 4 turbo is not? I guess the 6 speed manual at less that a 1:1 ratio is not enough for you to believe. 0.794:1

Also, for 10k less than the G37 here are the numbers for those not thinking this is a good deal.

Genesis (3/10/09)

Infiniti G37S (2/10/09)
Acceleration

0-30 (sec.):

0-45 (sec.):

0-60 (sec.):

0-75 (sec.):

1/4 mile (sec @ mph):

14.1 @ 99.3

13.9 @ 101.4
0-60 (sec.): (w/rollout)

Braking

60-0 (ft.):

30-0 (ft.):

Handling

Slalom (mph):

Skidpad (g):

.87g

.85g

Last edited by dboz; Mar 17, 2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by imbonez9
Ok so cheap fast are a bad thing? And honestly who cares if ugly since your BEHIND the wheel not looking at the car. IMO

Absolutely not; Cheap and Fast are always a Good thing. Now Cheap, Fast and Ugly, that's different. And why do people always come up with the same nonsense "oh you're behind the wheel blah blah blah..." Dude, answer me this question:

Where would you rather see yourself, in a fast Neon or in a fast Lancer?
btw, I'm not biased towards a Lancer just because I own one regardless; I've got friends with that ****ty neon and I give respect when respect is due.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

this is the Ralliart forum. Wana talk about Hyuandai go find a hyuandai forum with the tiburons and elantras of the world
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

This makes no sense. So a heavier car with a V6 is believable but a lighter car with a 4 turbo is not? I guess the 6 speed manual at less that a 1:1 ratio is not enough for you to believe. 0.794:1

Also, for 10k less than the G37 here are the numbers for those not thinking this is a good deal.

Genesis (3/10/09)

Infiniti G37S (2/10/09)
Acceleration

0-30 (sec.):

0-45 (sec.):

0-60 (sec.):

0-75 (sec.):

1/4 mile (sec @ mph):

14.1 @ 99.3

13.9 @ 101.4
0-60 (sec.): (w/rollout)

Braking

60-0 (ft.):

30-0 (ft.):

Handling

Slalom (mph):

Skidpad (g):

.87g

.85g
0-60 in 3.9
I highly doubt that
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
0-60 in 3.9
I highly doubt that
You are reading it wrong. 3.9 is for 0-45
Old Mar 18, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
Absolutely not; Cheap and Fast are always a Good thing. Now Cheap, Fast and Ugly, that's different. And why do people always come up with the same nonsense "oh you're behind the wheel blah blah blah..." Dude, answer me this question:

Where would you rather see yourself, in a fast Neon or in a fast Lancer?
btw, I'm not biased towards a Lancer just because I own one regardless; I've got friends with that ****ty neon and I give respect when respect is due.
Honestly I would take a Mitz over 99% of the cars out there. Only cars i wouldn't or lambo's porch and ferrari. After i went to jail and had my clipse and other cars taken away my friend offered to buy me a brand new STI and i refused knowing i would never get into that car since i love Mitz so much.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerdave86
this is the Ralliart forum. Wana talk about Hyuandai go find a hyuandai forum with the tiburons and elantras of the world
This talk about Hyuandia is relevant since the OP was the RA over the Coup so how could we not talk about them?