Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cracked fog lights glass...is it happening to you?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009 | 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down Cracked fog lights glass...is it happening to you?

I took some pictures and will post them tonight when I get home from work....a couple of days ago I noticed condensation in my fog lights...thinking they were badly sealed and I took a closer look when I got home and realized both fog lights lenses are cracked.....I guess this happened to some GTS owners already....anyone else is seeing the same thing? My 09 Ralliart is only 6 months old by the way....
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I mean, it happens. They are close to the road. I've seen foglights get shattered from a rock that was just a bit too big, not specific to the RA.
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I mean, i dont even have a single rock chip on my front bumper (knock on wood) but BOTH my fog lights are cracked already in 6 months? I was thinking more like the lenses are not that resistant to heat so the heat from the fogs being on caused the cracks
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 01:54 PM

try laminx on them. they have clear or colored and will protect them. i use it all the time
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Heliart
I mean, i dont even have a single rock chip on my front bumper (knock on wood) but BOTH my fog lights are cracked already in 6 months? I was thinking more like the lenses are not that resistant to heat so the heat from the fogs being on caused the cracks
Mine were cracked the second week I got it, I already had a thread on this, and on top of that I had 3m rockguard on them...told the dealership about it, but they said it was rock chips, but yeah not a single chip on it, they both cracked at the same time..and the thing is the damn foglights ran so hot they melted my 3m strips, and burnt it to black...so its bull**** that the dealership so no to it, because when it runs that hot, and wash your car in the winter, they will crack or shatter easily..
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Well...yeah...that's physics/chemistry. Didn't know that was the case. Unless you didn't do that Heliart?
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Metall1ca
Well...yeah...that's physics/chemistry. Didn't know that was the case. Unless you didn't do that Heliart?
yeah but my point is that the foglights really shouldnt be running that hot to do that, never had any issues with my other vehicles, and I do the same..perhaps just cheaper glass for mitsus foglights
Old Apr 27, 2009 | 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Metall1ca
i didnt do/add anything to my fog lenses....who knows how long ago they started cracking...i have a suspicion that they cracked when the weather all the sudden got alot warmer in CT....
Old Apr 30, 2009 | 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

see more pictures here:
http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?p=840#post840

hopefully I can convince my dealership these are factory defects.