Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Boost Gauge installed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Gauge installed

I installed my boost gauge. Parts that I used:

AC S7 Invision from HorsePower Freaks

Mazda 3 single pod from Glow Shift

Total install time - 3 hours (most time was in taking interior apart - didn't want to break stuff)

The gauge is nice, don't like how it uses a nylon hose with compression connectors, wish it was just straight vacuum line from the T to the Gauge. I ended getting a bad kink and having to do some rigging to make it work. Also I found that there was no cuppler to connect compression connector to the T where boost was tapped into. had to go to Advanced Auto and pick up a "Barrel connector". I Tapped into the Cigarette Lighter (Switched 12v+) for power and grounded in the Driver side kick panel. there is an existing ground point that the bolt fit the in the end of one of my eye connecters that I had. I don't think it turned out too bad. Later i'm planning to upgrade the pillar pod with one that is actually made for the RA, and the same color, but for now this will do.

Power off:

Accessory on:

Engine at Idle:

Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
looks nice, I cant wait till rexspeed comes out the some color matched piller pods
Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...llar-pods.html
Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

looks good! little dark for my liking but it looks good anyway!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:57 PM
C H
Evolving Member

Nice
Old May 1, 2009, 07:19 AM

I've been keeping an Eye on that one too. Found out real quick why I was going through so much Gas my RA is my first Boosted Daily driver so I've been a little "Lead Footed", now I have my little Boost Natzi gauge to keep me in Check

I agree, it is a little dark, in the glaring sun, it's a little hard to read with the Sunglasses on, but at night it's good and bright, color scheme goes good with the OEM gauges.
Old May 31, 2009, 07:15 PM

Nice looking despite the fact no one is making A-Pillar pods for Lancers 08+ I plan to do the same, i will glue it instead of using caped screws.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:13 AM

yeah, I was thinking the same thing at first, but in the end my thoughts were:

"F" it, I'll do it like that and if some one actually comes out with a Single pod moulded proper to the A pillar, I'll just unscrew this one and put the right one on there and make it nice. don't have to worry about trying to cut through Epoxy or glue to get this one off.