Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Scared to mod

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecuflash and a tactrix cable will certianly keep up with the wrx crowd.

drop in filter and catback will keep you warranty safe and if you use ecuflash you can always take it in for warranty.
Old May 4, 2009, 09:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by elpoole
ecuflash and a tactrix cable will certianly keep up with the wrx crowd.

drop in filter and catback will keep you warranty safe and if you use ecuflash you can always take it in for warranty.

I don't get it so you are saying that if I get an ECU Flash I can take it back to the dealer and pay extra to warrenty it???
Old May 4, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you have the cable and ECUflash program you can flash back your factory rom at any time before going to the dealership.
Old May 4, 2009, 09:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Piper747
if you have the cable and ECUflash program you can flash back your factory rom at any time before going to the dealership.

True but I heard the dealer can track a flash anytime. Is that true?
Old May 4, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I don't know that for sure. But from reading other threads it seems that they might be able to if they had a real good reason to look deeper into it but they apparently usually don't bother. I hope this is true as I have been altering my roms.
Old May 4, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

i cant see certain mods ruining the warranty as even the dealer themselves mod cars and sell mods.
I seen dealers sell cold air and short ram intakes, under drive pulleys, suspension set ups, things of that nature.
South Side Mitsu here in Edmonton actually modded and sold an 06 Ralliart where they highly modified the body, suspension and engine. They slapped a turbo with an intercooler on it, brakes, etc. Looked nice.

But if your worried about warranty issues, dont mod.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

^ That's because the dealer did the work. It's not really the parts themselves sometimes, it's the fact that you or someone that isn't Mitsu authorized was screwing around with the car. It's like the seal stickers they put on computers that void your warranty if you cut them open.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Even then, just because they sell a product for money doesn't mean they're going to cover any damage the parts cost. A lot of companies sell catless exhausts but if you get a ticket, they'll politely tell you to go to hell if you ask them to pay it.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Even then, just because they sell a product for money doesn't mean they're going to cover any damage the parts cost. A lot of companies sell catless exhausts but if you get a ticket, they'll politely tell you to go to hell if you ask them to pay it.
Damn and all those tint tickets i was saving to get the tint shop to pay for is out the window now.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Lol well durr, Cigarette makers aren't paying for your lung cancer treatment either.
Old May 5, 2009, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

Whats a drop in filter? How does it compare to a real intake? Is it a difference?
Old May 5, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't care about warrenty stuff my dealer is cool I was even going to turbo my 08 they were fine with it, I have connections tho. They tell me as long as I don't change the turbo I will be fine and for the ecu reflash its okay cuz they flash the hyndais here! I was like wow wish u could flash me lol. So I'm doing ams stage 2 here in 2 weeks
Old May 5, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

dont be scurd.
Old May 5, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As Nike says just do it
Old May 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you'll be fine. just mod away

stay away from crazy mods like a turbo kit and what not

have a reputable shop install your parts so you know they're installed correctly to prevent any damage.

evo guys dont have too much trouble with mods and basic mods...so you should be fine