Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Scared to mod

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scared to mod

Hey, I've had my Ralliart for about 6 weeks now and I love it.

So far I've just installed visual/audio components (ventureshield/tint/double din) with a full ~$2000 (everything at cost+5%) audio system hopefully going in within the month. After this my visual/audio mods should be done.

So my question is, what are some safe performance mods I can do to the car without busting my warranty?

I've been so tempted to just say screw it and get the AMS reflash and go all out, and I could afford to fix most of the issues that warranty would normally cover myself, but I'm terrified of having to pay to fix our crazy expensive tranny.

thanks,
scared modder
Old May 2, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

If you just want mods to say you have them dont do it. Keep your car's drivetrain and suspension stock and just continue with the audio and some wheels. The car has plenty of power and handling for a daily driver.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

This reflash thing has been debated soo much. Odds are it will not void your warranty. Ask your dealer ahead of time (anonymously dur) and see if they care or not. some dealers will say it does and some say it won't.

Anyway, any pics of your setup? I have a system from my old car i'm waiting to install im interested however to see how a double din looks in the dash.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:21 PM

I want mod's because I'm competitive and need to keep up with my modded WRX buddies.

Also, I don't use it as a DD. Its my weekend night cruiser ;D

If someone came out with an accessport that works with the 09 Ralliarts I would be in heaven.

EDIT: I'll snap some pics of the double din later tonight and post them up tomorrow. It's a Pioneer AVHP4100. I had the installer modify my stock RCA ports, he epoxied in the decks USB and 3.5mm ports so it looks stock

Last edited by Burton; May 2, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsu warranty sucks anyways, if anything breaks on my car, i'll probably just buy the part and fix it myself. Just start modding and never look back!`
Old May 2, 2009, 02:36 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If you're worried about your warranty, don't mod. Plain and simple.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't do anything to it with this type of tranny. Thats also why I don't want the MR.
Old May 2, 2009, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

I'm gonna go for it.
Old May 2, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Burton

If someone came out with an accessport that works with the 09 Ralliarts I would be in heaven.

EDIT: I'll snap some pics of the double din later tonight and post them up tomorrow. It's a Pioneer AVHP4100. I had the installer modify my stock RCA ports, he epoxied in the decks USB and 3.5mm ports so it looks stock
COBB claims to be in the works for an accessport.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:03 PM

lookin forwar to those pics of your radio install... I was also thinking of the same HU as you.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:10 PM

the most bang for yer buck motor wise is a flash. catback exaust isn't going to do s*** unless you do full turboback, even then the cost to power ratio comes nowhere close to a ecu flash on turbo application for $500 compared to over $1000. I just have suspension myself w/ stock motor & the handling is way better then stock. But if I were at some point to do the most cost effective easy power gain for the price, it would be ecu flash no question. You could even switch it back to stock easier.
Old May 2, 2009, 08:27 PM
C H
Evolving Member

I want mod's because I'm competitive and need to keep up with my modded WRX buddies.

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info....38ea14bbbc0b83
Old May 2, 2009, 08:30 PM
C H
Evolving Member

You could always remove the mods if you know you have major work too do. Kinda a pain, but better than paying $$$

Last edited by C H; May 2, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old May 3, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
You have to pay to play, if you're worried about warranty issues, don't mod a damn thing. Sure you can take them off if you run into an issue but that causes its own problems.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

If they really put their minds to it they can detect reflashes. There is a lot of info stored in the ECU that people are not aware of. How many times have you hit the rev limiter? How much time was it run WOT, was the engine overheated, what's the max speed the car went, how long has it been driven with the CEL on. If you cook your engine with mods they might have a higher level tech start reading the details then deny your claim. I'd stick with an exhaust and drop-in air filter ala K&N.

-Michael