Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So i think i have experienced all the flaws at this point..

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havock28
So ive experienced the following..
Car will not start.. turn it over 3 or 4 times and it finally starts
I've that issue twice since December.

The last time it happened:
Had not driven the car for probably ~4 days (I don't drive much lately).
Car starts up fine.
Drive it 12 miles.
Leave the car for ~3 hours.
Started raining pretty heavy since then.
Try to start the car.
Let it turn-over ~5 times, doesn't work.
Works on the 3rd attempt.

I'll have to try giving some gas if it happens again. Thanks for the suggestion CaSilvia.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing the issue? Battery not powerful enough? Just something to deal with in turbo cars?
Old May 31, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

It would certainly be good to notify MOA of these events. Pretty much every single item (even windows, and lights) are tied into one computer or another. With that said, there are bound to be some software bugs, especially for a new product. I would talk to some of the EvoX guys (and maybe more specifically the MR) as they should have many of the same issues.
Old May 31, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh oh I experienced another new flaw today! my A/C compressor continued running even after I shut off my car (and I did turn the fan off before I turned off the car).....at first I thought it was the turbo cooling fan but it sounded too loud to be it.....so I waited 3 minutes and I started the car....turned the fan knob on then off again then the a/c compressor finally shuts off.....
Old May 31, 2009, 05:05 PM
C H
Evolving Member

The AC compressor can't run when the car is off. You must be talking about your blower motor or the AC fan infront of the rad.
Old May 31, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Heliart
oh oh I experienced another new flaw today! my A/C compressor continued running even after I shut off my car (and I did turn the fan off before I turned off the car).....at first I thought it was the turbo cooling fan but it sounded too loud to be it.....so I waited 3 minutes and I started the car....turned the fan knob on then off again then the a/c compressor finally shuts off.....
As CH said, the AC compressor is run off the engine, so it can't "run" with the engine off, it would be the coolant/AC fans - which is supposed to do that on your car.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

I've had 2 hard starts. When it doesn't start I just push pedal to floor and start, never doesn't go when I do that. Have had my bluetooth reset once, but was after I got my car back from first oil change. I chalked that up to the dealership doing something.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madcows
As CH said, the AC compressor is run off the engine, so it can't "run" with the engine off, it would be the coolant/AC fans - which is supposed to do that on your car.

ok..thanks for the info....but how come i've never heard the fan stay on that long? it was a relatively cool day ~70 deg and I hadn't been driving it hard or anything I just went to the grocery store to get something.....and when I turned the car back on and off immediately the fans stopped right away?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:37 AM

I have seen at least some of the software issues so far on mine, and most of them seem like safety's for systems to me. They are not even really a nusiance at all. The hard/long cranking in mine went away right after the first dealer "service" marker when they took the crappy factory oil out and put 5w-20 1 mobil in it. I don't know if's the oil, or if they secretly updated the software at the service marker. For the transmission issues you have to remember you are not driving a true automatic here. Don't expect it to behave like one.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:39 AM

ok..thanks for the info....but how come i've never heard the fan stay on that long? it was a relatively cool day ~70 deg and I hadn't been driving it hard or anything I just went to the grocery store to get something.....and when I turned the car back on and off immediately the fans stopped right away?
My 85 civic used to stay on like that for a long time. Never bothered the car at all.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

I think most cars have a couple issues (as many as the ralliart) BUT I think this thread is going to show up in Google and it'll scare future RA buyers LOL

hehehe

Btw, the only real think I complain about my RA is Road Noise and Rattle. Sheesh
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

I think the fan staying on for a long period of time is not measured by the actual heat of the turbo/engine.... i think it's just a standard setting, ie: "if the car is hot, turn on the fans for x amount of time" regardless of the actual temp;
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jazket
I think most cars have a couple issues (as many as the ralliart) BUT I think this thread is going to show up in Google and it'll scare future RA buyers LOL

hehehe

Btw, the only real think I complain about my RA is Road Noise and Rattle. Sheesh
I would not even complain about the road noise (I have heard far far worse), I have yet to hear any rattle...... It's been one the most solid cars I have ever owned. Every car has it's "personality" and most of the stuff everyone is talking about here is part of it. Yes there is the occasional issue with a specific car, or two. The only thing I would worry about If I where the owner of the car being discussed here is the 6th gear thing.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CyberP
I would not even complain about the road noise (I have heard far far worse), I have yet to hear any rattle...... It's been one the most solid cars I have ever owned. Every car has it's "personality" and most of the stuff everyone is talking about here is part of it. Yes there is the occasional issue with a specific car, or two. The only thing I would worry about If I where the owner of the car being discussed here is the 6th gear thing.
how many miles u have in ur car?

..... i think after 3,000 miles screws start to loosen up