Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So i think i have experienced all the flaws at this point..

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i think i have experienced all the flaws at this point..

So ive experienced the following..

Car will not start.. turn it over 3 or 4 times and it finally starts
Weird clunking sound when going in reverse (or as someone said.. sounds like your hitting a glass bottle)
Partial stall when tranny auto shifts between 1st and 2nd gear on cold start
Car tells me im sliding when i wasnt
Bluetooth reset itself
Car wouldnt shift into 6th gear.. even in manual mode (shut off the car waited 5 minutes good to go)

thats what i have so far.. who else had experienced the same??

FYI i still love the car..
Old May 28, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

I dont know how you could love your car when the trans wont go into all gears

And the anti slip going off when you are just cruising, that kind of stuff drives me ape ****.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

yah its here and there. not all the time.. the cars got potential.. and hopefully mitsu finds some way to resolve the issues..
Old May 28, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

for what it's worth i haven't had any of the problems you are mentioning, i just bought mine a month ago and have about 3500 miles on it..... sounds like there's some fault with the computer, i would get it checked out now while it's a new car and under warranty.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

i dont even have 3500 miles on it yet.. lol
Old May 28, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, i would definitely submit a list of the problems you're experiencing to the dealer.... i know some cars won't shift into the overdrive gear until the tranmission has properly warmed up. i also notice in the morning when the car is cold, the tranmission overrevs the 1st and 2nd gear higher than normal.... i think it's the car's way of quickly warming up the tranmission.

i noticed on my RA that the transmission was really stiff the first 1000-2000 miles. It felt really notchy, and I had to shift manually for awhile because the automated shifting felt rough to me. After I did a long road trip in the car though, the tranmission smoothed out. I've only had automatic cars before this, so perhaps I just wasn't used to manual feel of the transmission.

as for bluetooth resetting itself, or the car sliding, not sure what that could be....
Old May 28, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

ive only had the bluetooth reset itself on me once so far. hopefully i dont have any other problems
Old May 28, 2009, 09:53 AM

Ive had mine for 2300 and only experienced it not going into reverse immediately on a cold start. Although im pretty sure it states something about this in the manual.
*knock on wood*
Old May 28, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have not experienced all the flaws on the Ralliart yet because your fog lights have not started cracking yet from the inside
Old May 28, 2009, 10:34 AM
C H
Evolving Member

I haven't had any of those issues. Once it was hard to start 6-7 cranks, but other than that fine. Mine too goes above 3k when cold and lurches in 1st and 2nd gear when cold.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

21,000km problem free *knock on wood*
Old May 28, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by havock28

Weird clunking sound when going in reverse (or as someone said.. sounds like your hitting a glass bottle)
Bluetooth reset itself

Car wouldnt shift into 6th gear.. even in manual mode (shut off the car waited 5 minutes good to go)
So far just those three for me. Not a huge deal; first year the cars out - there's bound to be some problems. Maybe there will be more TSBs down the road, who knows. Until then...start submitting a list of problems into mitsu and let them know.

At least mitsu caught the brake booster valve, and the hood latch cable (from the X's hood) and we didn't have to deal with a rusty cable and a snapped plasted hood release latch...
Old May 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

No problems here at all... Other than, after 6,000 miles it seems as if the shift knob doesn't go through the gears as good as the paddles... that is weird... I have to use a bit more strenght to either pull or push the stick... very unpleasant as I feel as If i'm hurting something underneath...

OH! and sometimes, oddly, the Lights would come ON!?!?!? out of no where, all my lights including FOGs would turn on and stay on.... But I figure it out: if you get out the car with all lights on, close the door and THEN switch the ignition to OFF while out of the car (driver window should be down in this case ..duh) the lights will stay on... the thing is that the car would turn off all lights after its off and you open up the drivers door! hahaha... I just discovered America!

BTW, I think us RA BARELY have any flaws, other than a crappy plastic interior with A LOT of rattle to my taste. But I won't forget to mention that my friend's brand new 2009 C 300 Benz would sometimes leave both front-back right headlight/taillight when he comes out of the car and closes it for NO apparent reason... that my friend is very embarassing coming from a Mercedes.... He hasn't complained at the dealer yet...

PS: The only time my bluetooth had reset was after I took it to the Dealer for service.. so I BELIEVE they disconnected the battery for some reason... that's what I think
Old May 29, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
But I figure it out: if you get out the car with all lights on, close the door and THEN switch the ignition to OFF while out of the car (driver window should be down in this case ..duh) the lights will stay on... the thing is that the car would turn off all lights after its off and you open up the drivers door! hahaha... I just discovered America!
That is very confusing to read . I still don't get it actually...
Old May 29, 2009, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by havock28

Bluetooth reset itself

thats what i have so far.. who else had experienced the same??

FYI i still love the car..

The not starting issue, next time it happens give her a little gas and it should fire up immediatly. Its fairly common, at least thats what i hear around here.

The glass bottle noise are you CV clicking, my car does it when im at full lock in reverse, only when i stab the throttle. If i was to ease on to the gas in reverse it would not do it.

Cars/engines/trannys don't like to be cold, period. The car will jerk, not rev right, not change gears properly untill shes warm.

6th gear thing is weird though...