Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

gas milage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~400 km a tank

That is pretty much all city driving

Only recently added K&N drop-in filter, but I don't think it's making any significant change in fuel consumption
Sometimes it makes a cool whoosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh sound
But yeah about 400km a tank
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
Nice. So ur gonna push for 11 sec club for the RA
Not without a turbo upgrade I figure mid 13's with just the parts, and low 13's high 12's after I can tune it correctly for the parts

Keith
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Not without a turbo upgrade I figure mid 13's with just the parts, and low 13's high 12's after I can tune it correctly for the parts

Keith
Ahhhh yes i overlooked the turbo. Yes our tiny snail won't handle. But make sure u keep us posted on this. BTW are you gonna tune it urself?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
Ahhhh yes i overlooked the turbo. Yes our tiny snail won't handle. But make sure u keep us posted on this. BTW are you gonna tune it urself?
I will start with the free base tune from GST, and go from there. I absolutely love having a good starting point, but tweaking a map is fun as hell for me. One of the things I didn't like about my old MR was having an ECU TEC tune in the ECU that I could not look at or mess with myself. I had a lot more fun with my EVO VIII with AEM EMS... I messed with it constantly and my final tune bore only a slight resemblance to the tune I got from Dave Buschur.

One of the things I will be doing is setting up an E-85 map. I ran E-85 in my VIII for about 2 years, and other than horrible starting in winter, and not economical (in my area... some places E-85 is cheap... but not here) I had a blast!

Keith
Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
I will start with the free base tune from GST, and go from there. I absolutely love having a good starting point, but tweaking a map is fun as hell for me. One of the things I didn't like about my old MR was having an ECU TEC tune in the ECU that I could not look at or mess with myself. I had a lot more fun with my EVO VIII with AEM EMS... I messed with it constantly and my final tune bore only a slight resemblance to the tune I got from Dave Buschur.

One of the things I will be doing is setting up an E-85 map. I ran E-85 in my VIII for about 2 years, and other than horrible starting in winter, and not economical (in my area... some places E-85 is cheap... but not here) I had a blast!

Keith
Nice. I actually would like to learn how to tune myself. I heard that Ethanol is great for performance but gas milage suffers and there aren't any stations in my area, that i kno of.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One car company actually rates their flex fuel engines as getting more horsepower with ethanol rathern that gas. I think its ford on the f-150