Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should I go STI?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Lol, god forbid that in a supposedly technical section of the forum somebody actually use reason rather than blunt hatred . Here, let me translate to mitsubishian for you
"Da STI iz for homo gays!!11!! Subaroos are slowbaroooos! If you buy an EVOOOOOO all the hoes will want ya pole! STI=STD from man sex."

Last edited by ambystom01; Jun 11, 2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Lol, god forbid that in a supposedly technical section of the forum someone actually use reason rather than blunt hatred . Here, let be translate to mitsubishian for you
"Da STI iz for homo gays!!11!! Subaroos are slowbaroooos! If you buy an EVOOOOOO all the hoes will want ya pole! STI=STD from man sex."
QFT
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:12 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Lol, god forbid that in a supposedly technical section of the forum someone actually use reason rather than blunt hatred . Here, let be translate to mitsubishian for you

Pretty much every review Evo/STi comparo I've seen says the cars are pretty comparable and which is best is ultimately up to the individual buyer's feel. Personally, I really like the new hatch design on the STi (and it's likely better for weight distribution), but there's no denying that the current Evo can make the worst of drivers seem slightly talented.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
QFT
I'm slowly learning that .
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter

Pretty much every review Evo/STi comparo I've seen says the cars are pretty comparable and which is best is ultimately up to the individual buyer's feel. Personally, I really like the new hatch design on the STi (and it's likely better for weight distribution), but there's no denying that the current Evo can make the worst of drivers seem slightly talented.
****, you're telling me. At the last track event, an Evo X MR came out and all the people marshalling with me were absolutely amazed at how the car appeared to defy physics. No matter how off line and how hot it went into a corner, it managed to catch itself, get right on line and blast out of the corner like nothing happened.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:22 PM

You're asking this question in an Evo forum lol expect the hate. Anyway I'm the one to appreciate anything automotive and fast! Go for it bro!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats the problem with the evo x, u can drive ****ty, and it makes it like your the best driver on the track!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well the same can be said of the Evo VIII/IX and the STI, there are a lot of things you can do in those cars that would cause a spin in basically anything else. A friend has an Elise, a 997 Turbo and an STI and the STI is by far the most forgiving.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by derangedazn
Getting an STI is like dating a tranny. You can hook it all up, but in the end, your boys are still going to laugh at you. If your boys dont laugh, they probably like the ***** too.

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
hmm, after some thought, I think If I do pursue anything it will be an EVo.
Dude, if anything pick up a VIII or IX. As a matter of fact, if you go to the meet at Biff's tomorrow, I'll give you a ride in my bolt on evo to possibly change your mind on the STi....I personally wouldn't mind a STi for a daily driver though.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

the evo VII/IX is def a hardcore car...
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EBEVOIX

Dude, if anything pick up a VIII or IX. As a matter of fact, if you go to the meet at Biff's tomorrow, I'll give you a ride in my bolt on evo to possibly change your mind on the STi....I personally wouldn't mind a STi for a daily driver though.
man i would like to get an 8 or even an evo 9 mr..those things are badddddd
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

STi over a Ralliart? I'd do it without a doubt.

Though I really think you should get an Evo over the STi
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I for one like both the Subaru's and the Mitsubishi's. Last week we ran an Evo X, STi, WRX and my RA we all had a lot of fun and I got to met some pretty cool guys.

I also love the sound of those boxer engines!

Honestly, the car you get really should depend on what you want from the car. In terms of a DD, which is what I need, the RA is the best choice for me. BTW, I have pretty much fallen in love with the TC-SST. The more I drive it and the better my technique gets and the more I will probably want to stick with it. I can't wait until they fix the tq/hp limitations.

The STi is a great ride as well, more hp out of the box, quicker 1/4 miles, etc.

Evo X or STi, tough choice. I know owners on both sides that absolutly swear by their cars, and others who wish they had gotten the other car (the grass is always greener).

Either way, just take the STi for a spin, see how you like it and make an educated decision, I do recommend checking out the X if you are gonna trade up.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Just keep this in mind - the R/A still has plenty of potential. Sure, and sti or X is better out the box, but if you try to do a trade now, you'll probably spend too much, which might be fine if you're made out of money. Are you?

The SST supposedly can handle close to 350hp/tq based on the specs we assume are for that gearbox. Is that too little? After all, that is more than stock evo/sti. Suspension and brakes can also be upgraded - and while the R/A doesn't have aluminum control arms, it can still be made to handle great.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

it can still be made to handle great.
I've put this car through the paces, trust me it handles great. Maybe a bit less than it's counter part, but it does handle great. The "body roll" was negligible, the tires broke traction, but that's not an issue with the "car" I just need tires with better grip. In fact heat was a bigger problem than handling.

Quick Reply: Should I go STI?