Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should I go STI?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tipoytm
A banging deal? Like how much are we talking about? I don't know about that, but new EvoXs can be had for $10k off MSRP if you find the right dealer... STy???

I personally got mine for $8k off & 0% APR!
+1, the X is a steal at those prices. That drops the X right into RA range. So if your money is being spent, do you go with better brakes, suspension, turbo, handling, tires, widebody, or do you just say, WTH, I just want a cushy ride and a high tech auto for the same money and forget the rest of it? I went with the X.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by dboz
NO, 105k, which is only about 1/3 more than a GTR.
And it's RWD and is a true two-seater. It's a great car with true supercar performance but I think the GTR is more practical.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
And it's RWD and is a true two-seater. It's a great car with true supercar performance but I think the GTR is more practical.
exactly... which I was going to say, 105k for a Drag Car... thanks but no thanks
though it looks pretty sweet in that charcoal gray with the glass hood door.... ahhh... drool......
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Ive seen 2 gtr's at the dealership and one was 95k and the other 105k
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaiten2
Ive seen 2 gtr's at the dealership and one was 95k and the other 105k
of course... what do u expect... M3's are running at 62k.... go check the dealer's price, around 68~70.... they always add some ridiculous markup price; heck, our local mitsu dealer has an MR in the showroom for 45k; my Ralliart cost me 27k out the door with some accessory upgrades, and it was marked at 31k

so amby's assumption that the ZR1's are running at/around 120k is a good one
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jazket
exactly... which I was going to say, 105k for a Drag Car... thanks but no thanks
though it looks pretty sweet in that charcoal gray with the glass hood door.... ahhh... drool......

Drag Car? I mean yea its definitely a good drag car but it also has a great suspension and kills the gtr on the track and twisties. Id get the zr1 over the gtr any day of the week.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

of course... what do u expect... M3's are running at 62k.... go check the dealer's price, around 68~70.... they always add some ridiculous markup price; heck, our local mitsu dealer has an MR in the showroom for 45k; my Ralliart cost me 27k out the door with some accessory upgrades, and it was marked at 31k

so amby's assumption that the ZR1's are running at/around 120k is a good one

Good luck finding the idiot in this economy to pay 20k over sticker for a car that is surely not flying off the lots right now. People with 100k to spend on a car are not uninformed, and chances are they are probably well networked. I disagree totally.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck finding the idiot in this economy to pay 20k over sticker for a car that is surely not flying off the lots right now. People with 100k to spend on a car are not uninformed, and chances are they are probably well networked. I disagree totally.
You can disagre; But the Markup Price is a fact; Go step on a dealer; They HAVE to mark it much, much higher than MSRP; Of course that does not mean anyone is going to pay 120k; lat alone in the crappy economic weather in which we've got ourselves into;
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Last I checked you don't buy a performance car for practicality. Any true sports car is a two seater. While a 2+2 may still be a performer, I will buy in when the top Porsche, Lambo Ferrari and Veyron add a rear seat. What does RWD have anything to do with it? Are you implying that the GT-R is going to be a winter car? Or that the Vette is no good in rain or what? By the way the ZR1 is .3 seconds faster than the GT-R on the 'ring, and that is with the NISSAN supplying the driver and a redo in April of this year, it used to beat it by 3 seconds. I wonder how "stock" that April GT-R was?

Oh, by the way, when the Corvette set its time there was a very strong headwind on the straight, so it is possible the Vette is faster than the time posted under better conditions. Same can be said of any track on any day, but it was a known issue with the time posted.

"The instant legend. Keep in mind, there was reportedly a strong headwind on the main straight, which could have actually slowed things down a bit. Could the ZR1 possibly set an even faster time in the future?"

Last edited by dboz; Jun 16, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

You can disagre; But the Markup Price is a fact; Go step on a dealer; They HAVE to mark it much, much higher than MSRP; Of course that does not mean anyone is going to pay 120k; lat alone in the crappy economic weather in which we've got ourselves into;
This is great news, why do they HAVE to mark it MUCH MUCH higher? Why 120k then, why not 150k, or maybe even 200k? By the way, WE did not get ourselves into a crappy economy, a select few put us there.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by def1
Drag Car? I mean yea its definitely a good drag car but it also has a great suspension and kills the gtr on the track and twisties. Id get the zr1 over the gtr any day of the week.
101 to-the-wheels horses difference and 550 pounds lighter, of course it'll kill the GT-R and by like what 2 seconds? I don't think the ZR1 handles as good as the GT-R, even though it's got a lot of work on it's suspension... this time is all about whp and weight; the GT-R still got the AWD and twin-clutch. I barely miss a manual by now

let's not make this into a GT-R vs ZR1 battle please
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

This is great news, why do they HAVE to mark it MUCH MUCH higher? Why 120k then, why not 150k, or maybe even 200k? By the way, WE did not get ourselves into a crappy economy, a select few put us there.
You my friend really like to argue on nonsense... that why not 150 or 200k? I don't know... hum, think about it. Don't reply to comments when you don't have a solid response; "Why 120k, not 150 or 200k?" ....... I don't know you tell me

I think you need to go to a dealer and get informed

Also, leave politics out of this; I posted what I posted about the economy not for you to reply on it; And I really doubt you want to argue with me on the subject
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
101 to-the-wheels horses difference and 550 pounds lighter, of course it'll kill the GT-R and by like what 2 seconds? I don't think the ZR1 handles as good as the GT-R, even though it's got a lot of work on it's suspension... this time is all about whp and weight; the GT-R still got the AWD and twin-clutch. I barely miss a manual by now

let's not make this into a GT-R vs ZR1 battle please
I dont get why people think AWD is the best. AWD is great but there is a reason why most supercars are RWD.

I would like to see proof that the gt-r handles better than the zr1 please.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by def1
I dont get why people think AWD is the best. AWD is great but there is a reason why most supercars are RWD.

I would like to see proof that the gt-r handles better than the zr1 please.
Yeah, but see how even Lamborghini is coming up with AWD Gallardos, all for a reason; People who track their cars know this, throw both a RWD and AWD into a curve, see who comes out faster... but again, its not a win hands down for AWD, I'm just saying its got its advantages sometimes

Essentially the GT-R doesn't have better handling but that could be argued to the death; but remember the ZR1 is way beyond the GT-R, that's a Murcielago competitor, not a GT-R, the GT-R is still underpower (less than 500 horses and close to 4,00 pounds... a damn M5 cow has more than 500 horses) unlike the competence, but it still pulls out awesome numbers and beats half of them if not more; again, AWD advantage

there are a lot of reasons why some manufactures stick to RWD; and I assume one of them is to shave off weight which is always essential for a high-performance vehicle

Last edited by jazket; Jun 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well the GTR doesn't seem to have an issue selling despite being marked up 20K over MSRP in many areas. The ZR1 is a supercar, even at 20k over MSRP, it's a steal for the performance you get.

Quick Reply: Should I go STI?