Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

thinking of getting a 09 ralliart!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking of getting a 09 ralliart!!!

well its time for a new daily driver, been leaning to the ralliart. be trading in my 05 srt 4 acr. im tired of fwd and just want something fun to drive around. not sure if i like the auto tranny, but its way better looking than a wrx. been trolling on here for a couple of days and read about a boost pill and a tune that gives around 50 horses. anyone done that yet?

i dont want to mod it very much, i like that it is quiet, but i think it it needs a little more *****. it pulls ok but i think 50 ponys will wake this thing up.

anyone have any issues with their's? is it comphy?

let me know
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

get rid of the skittle, and get the 09RA.
great car. I got a cat-back and the ams tune/reflash.
Very nice, no probs.
Sports mode is nice too.
I have ran 13.5 at the 1/4 mile with the added power.

welcome!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

can i flash it back to stock if needed and flash the tune back in? for like warrenty work.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

sure..just have a laptop and cable. Havent done it tho, I leave that to the pro's.

Warranty...dealer shouldnt check it, unless your tranny dies.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

k. whats the diff motor and turbo wise from the evo?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

its definately a comfortable car. i traded my 03 evo in for the RA. the evo was a blast and fun but for a DD it started kicking my butt, my back legs everything hurt lol but the RA has softer seats and softer suspension. if youre looking for an all out race car then get the evo but if you want a fun DD the RA is great. the turbo is a smaller single scroll where as the evo is a bigger twin scroll, and i believe the cams are different also. theres about a 50hp difference between the two
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaiten2
its definately a comfortable car. i traded my 03 evo in for the RA. the evo was a blast and fun but for a DD it started kicking my butt, my back legs everything hurt lol but the RA has softer seats and softer suspension. if youre looking for an all out race car then get the evo but if you want a fun DD the RA is great
i gots a race car. i liked my neon alot, even went big turbo for a while. that was fun. best et was 11.46 on my buddys slicks. on street tires though it was mid 12's. yeah im done with fwd cars! but i am gonna try not to do anything big on the ra.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blaze00
i gots a race car. i liked my neon alot, even went big turbo for a while. that was fun. best et was 11.46 on my buddys slicks. on street tires though it was mid 12's. yeah im done with fwd cars! but i am gonna try not to do anything big on the ra.

perfect car for you then. great DD as is.
you can flex your muscle with it time to time, but youll have to pick your races wisely lol. Coming from a quick srt-4.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

im a lancer newb. whats the diff between the evo an ra? i mean can i swap stuff out like turbo, intercooler, computers stuff like that.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:29 AM

What's so bad about fwd's?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blaze00
im a lancer newb. whats the diff between the evo an ra? i mean can i swap stuff out like turbo, intercooler, computers stuff like that.
They have finnaly made a kit to swap the evo turbo but it requires also switching out the turbo manifold and a retune. as for intercooler i dont believe its a bolt on replacement. although the cars engine is similar they are designed slightly different enough to where you cant just swap parts. but the aftermarket community is groing for the RA
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Turbo swap has been done by AMS (stock X turbo). Intercooler is a straight swap, though I think the pipping needs tweeking.

Flashing is super easy, and yes can flash back to stock whenever you want, just need the tactrix cable ($169 plus shipping) and a laptop/netbook. With flash/pill it's a fun car. (fun stock too, just MORE fun flashed). I love the Recaros, I find them very comfortable, they hold you very well (assuming your not too large of a person), slightly akward to get in and out of the seat cause of the high bolster, but very form fitting. AWD is great too. One con is gas milage, it's really not bad IMHO, but it's one of those things it's best to know what you're getting into before you get the car, takes premium only of course. Oh and the paint really blows on Mitsubishis. Very thin, easy to scratch and chip. For a DD it's alot of fun, the SST is kinda a best of both worlds (man/auto) it drives and feels alot like a manual, but no constant clutch/shift in traffic, and can shift manually whenever you want. I'm really enjoying the car, for me the only thing I'm disappointed with is the paint job, I've never had a vehicle so weak on the paint :/ (owned over 30 cars/bikes). Good luck with your decision.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nightshift
What's so bad about fwd's?
no traction, not as fun as rwd, and i dont like it anymore
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

i dont think the one i drove had Recaros. is that an option?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

recaros are an option for about 2k more you get recaros HID's and upgraded sound system