Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 Lancer Ralliart news!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard it was coming with lasers and hyperdrive in 2020 but the evo will have ludicrous speed so it is still faster.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stikllr13
Actually not, there are still huge differences in the suspension, intercooler/piping and so on. It will take a lot more than a turbo swap to make it an evo. But it is looking better now that they might offer a manual. The Evo is far from pointless, the only thing that was pointless is your post.
actually its not a HUGE difference the main things are the turbo,AWD system, suspension, and body of the evo the rest of the things like intercooler pipings and such i wouldnt consider huge differences.

but the AWD alone is a reason to spend the extra money to get the evo
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Every area of the car seems to have some differences. The engine has differences, the brakes are obviously different, suspension, drivetrain, exterior, wheels, maybe even the interior. The Ralliart is no closer to the Evo than the WRX is to an STI and I can tell you that in the latter case, it's cheaper and better to just buy the damn STI.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Every area of the car seems to have some differences. The engine has differences, the brakes are obviously different, suspension, drivetrain, exterior, wheels, maybe even the interior. The Ralliart is no closer to the Evo than the WRX is to an STI and I can tell you that in the latter case, it's cheaper and better to just buy the damn STI.
actually the WRX seems closer to the STI than the RA is to the Evo; and I agree its always cheaper/better to buy the latter than buying the chopped version and trying to take it to the level of the actual "real deal"

I've already spent $3,150 to take my RA to "stock" Evo levels and I got my *** handed to me last friday at the drag from a friend's Evo with an exhaust and ams intake.... talk about blindly spending a crapload of money; that's $30,000 which would've gotten me brand new '08 GSR.... but I wanted super-fast-f1like-twinclutch-sst-tranny-thing didn't I?

Last edited by jazket; Jul 17, 2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
actually the WRX seems closer to the STI than the RA is to the Evo; and I agree its always cheaper/better to buy the latter than buying the chopped version and trying to take it to the level of the actual "real deal"

I've already spent $3,150 to take my RA to "stock" Evo levels and I got my *** handed to me last friday at the drag from a friend's Evo with an exhaust and ams intake.... talk about blindly spending a crapload of money; that's $30,000 which would've gotten me brand new '08 GSR.... but I wanted super-fast-f1like-twinclutch-sst-tranny-thing didn't I?
Amen. Dead on.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

And I would say that the R/A is closer to the Evo, than a WRX is to an STI.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

They're about the same really. Both the RA and the WRX have the same fundamental engine as their respective big brother, they both have different drivetrains, different brakes, different suspensions and different exteriors.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Dont buy an RA if you really want an EVO...LOL you will be very very unhappy.. Only buy a RA if it suits your driving style and you dont plan on racing the faster cars on the road or at the track.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
Dont buy an RA if you really want an EVO...LOL you will be very very unhappy.. Only buy a RA if it suits your driving style and you dont plan on racing the faster cars on the road or at the track.
Or if gas mileage is required for the long haul.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
The RA is very capable of beating the "faster" cars.
With just a tune your in the mix with the WRX,MS3, and the new Turbo Cobalt, race those at the drag and you will have an advantage.

you can beat quick cars in your class, but dont expect to beat the cars the modded evo beats, unless you got that AMS RA.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

what was your time at the drag?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Bah, I'm happy.

And I definitely think that the RA is closer to the EVO than the WRX is to the STI. The engine is, more or less, the same; the bolt-ons are the difference makers. Also, the drive train is much closer given the ACD and mechanical front and rear diffs.

Of course, that being said: Since Subarus fit together like Legos, one could, in theory and with enough money, turn a WRX into an STI. But then, of course, the question would be: Why?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
Bah, I'm happy.

And I definitely think that the RA is closer to the EVO than the WRX is to the STI. The engine is, more or less, the same; the bolt-ons are the difference makers. Also, the drive train is much closer given the ACD and mechanical front and rear diffs.

Of course, that being said: Since Subarus fit together like Legos, one could, in theory and with enough money, turn a WRX into an STI. But then, of course, the question would be: Why?
The WRX engine is more or less the same as the STI engine. The drivetrain is similar, yes, but the X has a better drivetrain overall. It's a wash, both pairs have some aspects where they are more similar or less similar.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
what was your time at the drag?
13.9 with a really sluggish launch (I'm still working on the launch part) that's when I was only flashed; I have to go and try it again (after all the bolts on I've done) cause that night I didn't like it at all ... like I really got my *** handed to me... by a full second, and my friend's launch on his X was naaaaaaaaaaasty.

but with flash alone and the perfect launch, the RA's doing mid 13's easily; There's a video on youtube, MPGomatic or w.e is launching a BONE stock RA and doing 5 seconds flat 0-60

Here for the skeptics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPiwyL5DYAY

(I calculated it with my iPhone's stopwatch App and it always landed between 4.9 and 5.0 secs; only that last time I tried to match the launch with the stop watch App it did a 5.4 secs... that's C&D's number)
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

13.9 with a really sluggish launch (I'm still working on the launch part) that's when I was only flashed; I have to go and try it again (after all the bolts on I've done) cause that night I didn't like it at all ... like I really got my *** handed to me... by a full second, and my friend's launch on his X was naaaaaaaaaaasty.

but with flash alone and the perfect launch, the RA's doing mid 13's easily; There's a video on youtube, MPGomatic or w.e is launching a BONE stock RA and doing 5 seconds flat 0-60

Here for the skeptics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPiwyL5DYAY

(I calculated it with my iPhone's stopwatch App and it always landed between 4.9 and 5.0 secs; only that last time I tried to match the launch with the stop watch App it did a 5.4 secs... that's C&D's number)

yeah the launch is tricky
Launch it right at 3k, and it's money.
but I got it down now.

Last time I was at the track I was running mid 13's everytime.
AMS flash/CBE
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mitsubishi-...lip-18267.html

Quick Reply: 2011 Lancer Ralliart news!