Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 Lancer Ralliart news!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lancer Ralliart news!

Most people in this forum wrote this off as a hoax a few months back, but I still think it's true. Several automotive websites are starting to pick this story up and post it as fact. What do you guys think?

http://www.autoinsane.com/2009/06/17...d-information/
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
All of that looks good, especially the available 5-speed MT
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

This has been discussed before. I believe its fake.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Why are you posting this everywhere in every Mitsubishi forum? Even if is true, which i really doubt.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

almost makes the evo pointless when you can just swap turbos to the 2011 ra
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 Lancer Ralliart??????

Refer to above thread, already discussed.
I also, believe it is a hoax.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

The reason I am calling BS is the fact that they are quoting exact pricing a full year in advance. Exact pricing is one of the last things automakers set in stone because there are too many unpredictable variables for them to project (exchange rates, raw materials costs, inflation). Even the exact trim levels (standard/optional equipment) for each market are undecided until a few months before production. Heck, Mitsubishi hasn't even announcing pricing on the 2010 models. Also, according to this "news" the 2011 Ralliart will gain 5hp and Evo rims yet will cost $140 less than the 2008 model.

Oh yeah, and when news leaks out ahead of schedule, it comes in the form vague facts from unidentified sources. No "President of Marketing" would be stupid enough to tip their hand to every other manufacturer a full year in advance. Not to mention all the potential current buys who would opt out of buying today to wait for next year's model. (money today is always better than money tomorrow).

Also, just because a few no-name websites regurgitate each other's "news" to generate traffic on a slow day doesn't make it true. But, what do I know? Feel free to continue posting this "news" all over the internet if you think that will make it a reality.

**EDIT**Oh, and one more thing, Daniel Kuhnert resigned from Mitsubishi back in February:
Lindsay Chappell
Automotive News
February 12, 2009 - 5:02 pm ET

Former Toyota executive John Koenig will head sales for Mitsubishi Motors North America after the resignation of Daniel Kuhnert.

Koenig, 62, joined Mitsubishi 12 months ago as executive vice president and adviser to its president at the time, Hiroshi Harunari. Koenig will become executive vice president of operations, responsible for sales, marketing, product planning and fixed operations.

The change comes six weeks after the arrival of Shinichi Kurihara as Harunari’s replacement.

Mitsubishi sold 97,257 vehicles in the U.S. last year, a 24.6 percent decline from 2007.

Kurihara also named Mitsubishi’s Western zone director, Ken Konieczka, vice president of sales operations, reporting to Koenig. Konieczka has worked in Mitsubishi sales for 20 years.

Koenig previously spent 24 years at Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc., managing its product planning division for almost half of that time.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2009...902120289/1178

Last edited by Option; Jun 20, 2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
Sure if you ignore the brakes, suspension, drivetrain and exterior, but apart from those four things, the Ralliart is just as good.
Anyways, I swear I've seen this exact article before, maybe in reference to the 2010 model. It sounds like BS. How can a 5 HP output increase and 90 lbs of weight saving result in a 0.5 second faster 0-60?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

if this is true, i know what im upgrading too in the next couple of years
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Sure if you ignore the brakes, suspension, drivetrain and exterior, but apart from those four things, the Ralliart is just as good.
Anyways, I swear I've seen this exact article before, maybe in reference to the 2010 model. It sounds like BS. How can a 5 HP output increase and 90 lbs of weight saving result in a 0.5 second faster 0-60?
I don't know if it would be a full 0.5 faster as I've seen reports of 5.5 0-60 for stock ralliarts, but an "advertised" 5.4 would be pretty good. The lighter wheels and the manual could make quite a difference though-just look how fast the wrx is mostly due to its ability to do a redline clutch drop. It is hard to believe that the 2011 info is out already though as a lot of companies (including Subaru) don't even have info on their 2010's yet. But even if this news is remotely correct, I may have to put off my itching to pull the trigger on a wrx while interest rates are low. I like the looks and interior of the RA (just wish the stock seats were a little better), but just can't justify spending 25k on a car that needs a tune and better wheels and tires right off the bat-not to mention reports of weird things happening occasionally with the auto-manual trans...
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Real or fake it still stirs up talk. and thats what we need is people talking. then the vendors notice and produce more goodies. so whatever.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
I don't know if it would be a full 0.5 faster as I've seen reports of 5.5 0-60 for stock ralliarts, but an "advertised" 5.4 would be pretty good. The lighter wheels and the manual could make quite a difference though-just look how fast the wrx is mostly due to its ability to do a redline clutch drop. It is hard to believe that the 2011 info is out already though as a lot of companies (including Subaru) don't even have info on their 2010's yet. But even if this news is remotely correct, I may have to put off my itching to pull the trigger on a wrx while interest rates are low. I like the looks and interior of the RA (just wish the stock seats were a little better), but just can't justify spending 25k on a car that needs a tune and better wheels and tires right off the bat-not to mention reports of weird things happening occasionally with the auto-manual trans...
The WRX is also significantly lighter and more powerful. Dropping 0.5 off the 0-60 seems very unlikely, if there are indeed 5.4 second Ralliarts around that makes it a 4.9 second car.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

maybe they plan on retuning the ECU
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

this has been mentioned alllong time ago, old news lol
Old Jun 21, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RX-8R3
Most people in this forum wrote this off as a hoax a few months back, but I still think it's true. Several automotive websites are starting to pick this story up and post it as fact. What do you guys think?
We've written it off a hoax several times now, actually, as recently as this week.

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
You're missing the point.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lancer Ralliart news!