Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

iPod/iPhone Connecters

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod/iPhone Connecters

I just received the Griffin StereoConnect Audio Cable for my iPhone and it works great in my car. They run $14.99 each at Griffin.com but if you use coupon code "SIMPLYBEST1" you will get 20% off your order + free shipping. In the end I paid $11.99. The best part is the 6' cable is coiled so there is not a big mess.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/ima...oconnect_1.jpg
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:25 AM
Deo

MonoPrice has a 6" cable for .51 cents and with shipping its $2.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deo
lol so tru .. just go to radioshark or w.e
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

lol im sorry, but i find it so funny when people fall for stuff like that. Just because it says IPOD on it and it's really just an RCA cable to a headphone jack. Great marketing, IPOD is all in the name.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:45 AM

It was not just for iPod/iPhone. The box also lists Samsung, Creative, Sansa, Sony and Zune.....or i guess any mp3 player with a headphone jack (i hope all of them do).
Old Jun 22, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deo
Yeah this is true I found it, the price went up ten cents but whatever, here's the link:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Or if you want a gold plated one:

They have other sizes as well. I think I'm gunna pick up the 3FT Gold Plated one...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:53 PM
Deo

Originally Posted by rams3234
Yeah this is true I found it, the price went up ten cents but whatever, here's the link:

Or if you want a gold plated one:

They have other sizes as well. I think I'm gunna pick up the 3FT Gold Plated one...

Thats the one I was talking about. I didnt want cables hanging everywhere. The 6" is perfectly fine for me.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

U made a good choice. i bought one of those cheap ones for 5 bucks and had to replace it 2 weeks later. spend the money upfront so u don't pay for it later.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

some of u guys are somewhat wrong, there's 1,000,000 of those cables that "seem" to be the same; they're ALL different, have different finish grade, different wiring, different protective shields, different ends (copper, gold, metal, etc); The cable in the first picture looks way better than those at MonoPrice and I'd buy it instead, I deal with monoprice a lot and their cables are cheap cheap

I even know how to make the RCA cable Monoprice sells (the one without brand name) you can get the heads/connectors at Radioshack; that's 100 light years away from what people like Griffin or Monster Cables could do.

Imo it's a good price for a very good cable; I'm thinking of getting one myself now, and I really like the looks
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:39 AM

How about we address the fact that used circa 1987 rca hookups. And why no push button start ala Mazda 3?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:12 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Because my portable vinyl record player only has RCA output!

Good deal, I just snagged a griffin cable for 12 bucks, should be here tomorrow.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

do they make these cables that come with a retractible unit so you can make the cable as long as you want it to be and then wind it back into the unit when ur done using it?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uadude
How about we address the fact that used circa 1987 rca hookups. And why no push button start ala Mazda 3?
RCA hookups work just fine, what did you want? Push button start is for women, I like at least feeling like i'm turning the ignition.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
some of u guys are somewhat wrong, there's 1,000,000 of those cables that "seem" to be the same; they're ALL different, have different finish grade, different wiring, different protective shields, different ends (copper, gold, metal, etc); The cable in the first picture looks way better than those at MonoPrice and I'd buy it instead, I deal with monoprice a lot and their cables are cheap cheap

I even know how to make the RCA cable Monoprice sells (the one without brand name) you can get the heads/connectors at Radioshack; that's 100 light years away from what people like Griffin or Monster Cables could do.

Imo it's a good price for a very good cable; I'm thinking of getting one myself now, and I really like the looks
The difference between cables are varied yes, they vary in shielding as well as metals used and the braiding of the cables. Considering were not exactly in a high emi environment it's perfectly okay to buy a Radioshack cable, the difference is negligible. If you were running the cable inside of the dash then it would be a different story.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

I have a Radioshack brand RCA-to-Mini Plug cable I bought in college over 5 years ago. I used it EVERYDAY for 4 years, and now use it in my RA to play music on my iPhone. With 90+ degree heat, and all those years of use, still works great. Durable stuff.

Also, I'm no audiophile, but I enjoy my music through the RCA connectors over a mini-plug any day. I'm in the video production/post-production industry, and nobody uses mini-plug connections for audio imports and recording. Mini-plugs were designed for monitoring audio with convenience in mind. Maybe I'm wrong. What do I know.