Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ASC...does nothing?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So down to the real question now that you've figured it out. Hows the car different with it off? a big noticable change?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by zadok12321
So down to the real question now that you've figured it out. Hows the car different with it off? a big noticable change?
heres the sad part...i see my RA once a week bc its sitting in a friends garage until my 06 Passat lease is up in early July. ill let u know how it throws down without the ASC as soon as i make my weekend visitation rights.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

To me, I feel that the rear handles better. It wants to rotate more. You notice it when you push it.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

It is very noticeable to me. When ASC is off, it actually feels like a car. With it on, it feels like it's on partial autopilot. My concern is (and this is the only reason I leave it on), if you ever get in an accident, and they find out that your ASC was off, I can only image the liability you might face.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Does nobody read the manual any more? Really, I'm getting the impression that this car is being bought by a bunch of newly-licensed kids who know nothing about cars in general, other than it can be reflashed for more power (that they can't handle). There is a lot in there about maintenance, too. Like when you should do an oil change (hint: it isn't when the maintenance light comes on!). Why should your dealer need to tell you something, when Mitsubishi spent what appears to be a fair bit on money on writing a HUGE manual that has been written so plainly it can be understood by a kid in kindergarten?

*sigh* screw it....i'll just go back to driving my car. Or not, it's a beautiful day, the bike is better.

in summation...

RTFM!!

/end rant
Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by suprPHREAK
Does nobody read the manual any more? Really, I'm getting the impression that this car is being bought by a bunch of newly-licensed kids who know nothing about cars in general, other than it can be reflashed for more power (that they can't handle). There is a lot in there about maintenance, too. Like when you should do an oil change (hint: it isn't when the maintenance light comes on!). Why should your dealer need to tell you something, when Mitsubishi spent what appears to be a fair bit on money on writing a HUGE manual that has been written so plainly it can be understood by a kid in kindergarten?

*sigh* screw it....i'll just go back to driving my car. Or not, it's a beautiful day, the bike is better.

in summation...

RTFM!!

/end rant
or perhaps there would be next to nothing discussed on this or any other forum it it weren't for people wondering out loud and simple stuff like this. 90% of the time it leads to a conversation thats enlightening and informative for all...in which case even the 'already enlightened ones' such as yourself pick up a thing or two. next time i will make sure to read the manual sitting in the glove box of a car that is 40 miles away right now before i waste everyone's time asking a question that rest of the forum happily answered without being tools...
Old Jun 26, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in summation...

RTFM!!

/end rant
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

^^^nice
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

in summation...

RTFM!!

/end rant/ BEING A GIGANTIC TOOL
Much better.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Take a Chill Pill...

in summation...

RTFM!!

/end rant

Like the previous person said, questions like this make very good conversations arise in forums. If everyone thought like you then these forums would not even be 90% interesting. The manual might say to do an oil change every XXXX miles but that might not be the best for the car. The best might come out of people's experiences and mistakes. Others can learn from the mistakes and experiences and this is where we learn it.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

for the record i RTFM and it was little to no help. all it gives it what is mechanically happening, and what this person was asking was the real life results, which aren't mentioned in the manual!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Well, it can make the difference between moving and not moving if you're stuck in deep snow or mud. That's pretty noticeable.

[will I get in trouble now if I point out that even though I already knew it, the above is mentioned in the manual? -- though to be fair, I also initially thought my ASC button was broken until I saw comments in this forum back in 2008, and it was only then that I read the manual]

Last edited by aestival; Jun 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM.