Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should I get the premium package with a Canadian RA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kal0051
the gsr is priced at $42k, it's the rs that $39k. And the rs is a stripped version of the evo, with minimum sound proofing, no stereo, other weight saving (aka a track car). And not to mention the insurance would be a lot more for a evo since I'm in my early twenties.

I did consider getting the gsr but it's too much out of my price range unfortunately.
I absolutely agree that the Evo GSR is a great option for those who don't care too much about the interior/features. Since that mindset probably also leads to preferring a manual transmission, it's better still.

Personally, the Canadian Ralliart is the car for me -- just enough manual control, plenty of control over most aspects of automation, and a premium-enough interior to suit my style (without being ridiculously over the top or ugly -- save us all from 100% leather seats and artificial wood grain of any sort). It makes it very smoothly (and relatively quickly) to well over 200 km/h, which is way faster than you need to drive anywhere off-track (my stock tires seem to go wobbly at about 220 km/h), and it accelerates and drives aggressively with crazy amounts of stability control. It's also a lot more comfortable than both the regular Lancers and the Evos. Plus the Lancer's not butt-ugly like the Impreza (take your pick -- personally, I can't stand the look of any of the Impreza models, of any model year).

Last edited by aestival; Jun 28, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by aestival
I absolutely agree that the Evo GSR is a great option for those who don't care too much about the interior/features. Since that mindset probably also leads to preferring a manual transmission, it's better still.

Personally, the Canadian Ralliart is the car for me -- just enough manual control, plenty of control over most aspects of automation, and a premium-enough interior to suit my style (without being ridiculously over the top or ugly -- save us all from 100% leather seats and artificial wood grain of any sort). It makes it very smoothly (and relatively quickly) to well over 200 km/h, which is way faster than you need to drive anywhere off-track (my stock tires seem to go wobbly at about 220 km/h), and it accelerates and drives aggressively with crazy amounts of stability control. It's also a lot more comfortable than both the regular Lancers and the Evos. Plus the Lancer's not butt-ugly like the Impreza (take your pick -- personally, I can't stand the look of any of the Impreza models, of any model year).
I agree with you, it's not often that a car will surprise me with it's acceleration (was surprised when I took the RA for a spin). I love the leather/suede seats and the SST trans so I'd need to get the MR to get both of those (and I don't have 50k, lol). Your tire problem probably has to do with the narrow wheels and tires, you need to get a set of 18x8 wheels on there with some potenzas, will improve the feel of the car by 100% (or so I hear). And yeah I don't like the look of the impreza, plus I don't like self destructing engines (subaru needs to step up QA).
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:33 AM

Dont get the package, do you know how much **** you could throw into your car with 5gs? If youve got the spare cash toss that money somewhere else more important. Fastkey comes on factory but isnt that great, everything else you could buy for far less than 5gs and extra cash you can throw on performance, where it really matters.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by franco17
Dont get the package, do you know how much **** you could throw into your car with 5gs? If youve got the spare cash toss that money somewhere else more important. Fastkey comes on factory but isnt that great, everything else you could buy for far less than 5gs and extra cash you can throw on performance, where it really matters.
And what if someone don't give a **** about higher performance than stock RA? IMO, people who want better performacne get an evo.

And what if you don't want crappy aftermarket finish? like sticking an ugly gps on the windshield or dash, fitting a sound system, cheap and ugly bluetooth adaptor, etc.

If I wasn't getting the premium package, I was getting a GSR. And since I tried lot of cars and projects, I know 5k can't buy oem look, quality and "hassleless". Different persons, different needs, differents opinions.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:39 AM

OEM blue tooth cost $200, simple install, in dash scosche kit, while not perfect looks very good.
Some people cant afford gsr, i couldnt , different persons, different *salary* is what it comes down to. Especially in canada evo's cost so much.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

yup, but i'm telling that because the day i bought my RA, I could have buy a GSR for the exact same price (2008)