Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Few questions about a new Ralliart...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aestival
You're right about quality -- aftermarket (done right) is almost always much better for the cost, but... the 650W (premium) Rockford Fosgate system is excellent even at insanely high volume, and it looks so much better than anything aftermarket that I've ever seen. Like HarryTruman, I don't have much use for the HDD over my iPod, but I have loaded about twenty CDs on the HDD for those days when I manage to forget my iPod at home/work.

I'd say go with the stock premium stereo -- the voice recognition bluetooth and Nav system are flawlessly integrated with the stereo/satellite/HDD/speakers, and nobody has to mess with your brand new car to make it so. Also, the leather-alcantara Recaros are really incredible compared to the plain cloth -- though any Recaro is great for anyone (my wife loves them because it's much harder to get motion sickness in a Recaro, and I love them because when she's not in the car I can drive the way I want to).
Yeah, this is my line of thought on the RF audio system as well. And I'd like to be able to see the car stats while I'm driving, which is something a custom system wouldn't be able to function with.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 04:12 PM

Interesting, no one has directly answered OP's question, and the same question thats been asked many a time. In the USA, what did you pay for your RA with Recaro and Audio, or just the recaro. Im starting to think that no one in the USA on the forum has actually purchased it with those options, which is understandable as it is expensive.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by millertime
Interesting, no one has directly answered OP's question, and the same question thats been asked many a time. In the USA, what did you pay for your RA with Recaro and Audio, or just the recaro. Im starting to think that no one in the USA on the forum has actually purchased it with those options, which is understandable as it is expensive.
I got mine with just the Recaro for $27k before taxes. No rebates (0% APR). I'm not sure how much it would have cost with Nav.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:31 PM

Ok good to hear, that's probably what I will do is just forget about the sound/nav package unless I get a killer deal on it, google maps has never failed me haha, and everyone has a phone with html internet now so its not a big deal to not have nav.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aestival
You're right about quality -- aftermarket (done right) is almost always much better for the cost, but... the 650W (premium) Rockford Fosgate system is excellent even at insanely high volume, and it looks so much better than anything aftermarket that I've ever seen. Like HarryTruman, I don't have much use for the HDD over my iPod, but I have loaded about twenty CDs on the HDD for those days when I manage to forget my iPod at home/work.

I'd say go with the stock premium stereo -- the voice recognition bluetooth and Nav system are flawlessly integrated with the stereo/satellite/HDD/speakers, and nobody has to mess with your brand new car to make it so. Also, the leather-alcantara Recaros are really incredible compared to the plain cloth -- though any Recaro is great for anyone (my wife loves them because it's much harder to get motion sickness in a Recaro, and I love them because when she's not in the car I can drive the way I want to).
^+1

You can definitely make a better stereo but like i said before if you thought the Bose in the Maxima was good, this one should blow you away. It's a pain in the **** to get aftermarket done well sometimes, but for me it's worth the effort. 650watts just simply isn't enough for me. My setup is around 1,000 watts RMS, i don't even know what the peak is. Meanwhile others are content with the stock, so i guess final advice is just listen to both and see what you think.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Metall1ca
^+1

You can definitely make a better stereo but like i said before if you thought the Bose in the Maxima was good, this one should blow you away. It's a pain in the **** to get aftermarket done well sometimes, but for me it's worth the effort. 650watts just simply isn't enough for me. My setup is around 1,000 watts RMS, i don't even know what the peak is. Meanwhile others are content with the stock, so i guess final advice is just listen to both and see what you think.
I have very good hearing, so 650 watts wasted on me.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Only reason you would need more the 650w is to let OTHER drivers hear you :P

The fosgate factory (650w/navi) is very good for a stocker, sure you can get better sound with aftermarket if you are really really into sound. But it won't look as clean, or have the total functionality of stock. It's all about preference. I like a nice sound system, but I'm not crazy overboard with it, so stock works very well for me, even full volume sound is nice and clean. Plus the bluetooth is great. My keys never ever leave my pocket (FASTkey) and my iphone never leaves my pocket (bluetooth). Navi unit is very good (least anywhere I've driven in Canada so far).
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:44 AM

When I test drove a GTS with the RF system, it seemed like it would be more than ample soundage for my likes. I don't plan on deafening myself while I drive, so I'm good to go as long as my audio is crisp and clean.

I think at this point I'll just do some heavy shopping and try to get a good deal on a Ralliart with Recaro and the sound package. If I can actually quell my urges for a new car until right before the 2010 models roll out, I'll probably be set.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

I got my Ralliart with the Recaro package and the Navigation. The Recaro package is pretty expensive, but for what you get with it I think it's worth it. Awesome seats, pretty nice sound system, Sirius radio, HID headlights. Some of the dealerships tried to tell me that the navigation is actually more the $2000 since you basically can't get one that has it port installed, but I was able to get them to do it for that price anyway. MSRP for the car w/ both packages plus the wheel locks, accessory fuel door, floor mats, and scuff plate just a little over $32,000 (all the cars in texas at the time had those, wasn't possible to get them w/o unless it was special ordered that way). I was able to get it for $29,000 before taxes including a $1000 cash back.

If you have any other questions let me know.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Runaround
I got my Ralliart with the Recaro package and the Navigation. The Recaro package is pretty expensive, but for what you get with it I think it's worth it. Awesome seats, pretty nice sound system, Sirius radio, HID headlights. Some of the dealerships tried to tell me that the navigation is actually more the $2000 since you basically can't get one that has it port installed, but I was able to get them to do it for that price anyway. MSRP for the car w/ both packages plus the wheel locks, accessory fuel door, floor mats, and scuff plate just a little over $32,000 (all the cars in texas at the time had those, wasn't possible to get them w/o unless it was special ordered that way). I was able to get it for $29,000 before taxes including a $1000 cash back.

If you have any other questions let me know.
Ah, I finally have a number to shoot for. Thank you!