Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What are the different turbo stages?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the different turbo stages?

Hi. Im probably am one of the 1st ralliart owners on here. I got my apex silver ralliart back in Sept 2008. I am looking to just do a stage 1 right now. What are the different stages for the ralliart and what parts does it consist of? The only thing I have right now is an evo X bov and a drop in k&n filter. Looking into TTP doing an email tune for me. Im new to the turbo cars and this was my first turbo car.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, stages are defined differently by each tuner. Some have a Stage 0, which generally is cosmetic and might include suspension mods. Stage 1 generally involves some sort of reflash/tune, but generally does not require hardware. Stage 2 usually involves both basic bolt ons and the tune to take advantage of the modifications. Stage 3 usually requires more involved bolt ons, larger turbo, changes to the fuel system, etc.

Like I said, it's going vary based on tuning houses. I would read around on these boards for right now, and familiarize yourself with what the various tuners and shops have to offer.

Also, where are you located? That might have a huge impact on who you decide to go through. Even though you can get email flashes these days, personally, I still prefer to work with local tuners. Easier for support and follow up.

For instance, I am in Southern California and have already mapped out the people that I will most likely be working with: Road Race Engineering, RobiSpec and HBSpeed.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

nice I'm from So Cal too and was wondering what would be a good place to go to get tuned you helped me out there a bit
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
Hi. Im probably am one of the 1st ralliart owners on here. I got my apex silver ralliart back in Sept 2008. I am looking to just do a stage 1 right now. What are the different stages for the ralliart and what parts does it consist of? The only thing I have right now is an evo X bov and a drop in k&n filter. Looking into TTP doing an email tune for me. Im new to the turbo cars and this was my first turbo car.
You are down the right path with those mods. There are not a ton of power addrers with the 4b11. 90% of all the power you will gain is from the tuning alone.

Let us know when you are ready to unleash that beast!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

TTP Engineering- Do you go out of state and do custom tunes like AMS for like a weekend or something? Would really like to do a custom tune with you guys if you can go to Central Texas. I am a Floridian used to live near the orlando area (Daytona Beach) but because of my current job Im in Texas. I just want to see what all the praise is with you guys and this ralliart tune.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

AMS comes to Texas all the time.
and I believe TTP "may" be coming down to houston here soon.

I recommend AMS, but go with whoever you want.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

When is the next time AMS or TTP will be in Texas? If its within the first 2 weeks of Sept that would be great and would get the tune whoever is in Central Texas at that time. Otherwise I would have to wait till Feb of next year to be able to get a tune.