Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steering wheel

Anyone know the specs for the ralliart steering wheel? i'm not a big fan of how it looks and i actually have a evo 7 steering wheel laying around in my room. (EX got it for me on my birthday)...i understand that i would be losing some functionality as far as the buttons go on the wheel, but that's not a big issue with me. any help? thanks
Old Sep 6, 2009, 05:57 AM

i noticed that no one responded... sorry i know that it's a strange request, but i have intentions of installing that steering wheel onto my ralliart... i would just like some insight from some of the experts here... how much work would be involved in switching it out? could i just get a replacement hub? keep in mind that i plan on shifting with the shifter and not the paddles... so losing those is not an issue at all with me.. in fact i would actually prefer it... any help?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think any of us RA owners have tried that yet. I'd say give it a shot and report back to us

You could also check on the X MR forums to see if any MR owners have done the same.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i have a GSR, but maybe i can give you some idea how we did changed our steering wheel, and issues we got. Also i do not have a flappy shifter
on the Evo we have a sensor on the steering wheel collum. It senses the steering wheel angle and necessary to have if you want to have a S-AWC work. + an airbag sensor there too.
there are special hubs for the the X for that. unfortunetly when i changed my steering wheel those hubs did not existed yet so we had to modify that.

So if you got a same thing, Then you just need to buy the HUB for the X. If you dont have steering wheel angle sensor, then you will be fine.

Also we moved the buttons to the dash board with OEM buttons . Around $40 each button.
They look like they came form the factory like that.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Sep 6, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Do you have any pics of that setup?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:52 PM

haha alright thanks for the input... looks like i have a little project on my hands.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:14 PM

robevo.... what steering wheel did u install? was it an aftermarket?? or was it something else... i only ask because i was wondering if the evo x hub would fit my steering wheel...
Old Sep 7, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

The steering wheel in the RA is the same as the MRs. The shift paddles are in the colloum and are not effected with a wheel swap. The steering wheel angle sensor is your bigest problem but if they have hubs available to overcome this then your laughing
Old Sep 8, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Projekt Lancer
robevo.... what steering wheel did u install? was it an aftermarket?? or was it something else... i only ask because i was wondering if the evo x hub would fit my steering wheel...
i got an aftermarket steering wheel .
here is the picture:

sorry i have no pictures from the cut out on the hub. They guys did a damn good job with that. And the pictures was taken a long time ago.
But today you can buy Evo X specific hubs. SO you dont need to do a cut out. Make sure you ask for the fitments though, that never hurts.

i hope it helped.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 02:25 AM

thanks a lot... i needed some contribution from the fellow members on this board... thx