Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What's your story behind your Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:40 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's your story behind your Ralliart?

Begin long winded story.

My gf and I took a day off and we were gonna go play some golf and just drive around in our old clunker, a spruce green dodge stratus (albeit with a mitsubishi v6 in it). Out of the blue that morning we decided to go check out some cars. We had looked at a nissan rogue, toyota rav4 v6, subaru outback, and mazda 3 grand touring hatch.

Of all the cars, we liked the mazda 3 the most because it had the sportiest ride and still had enough room to store our junk, which would primairly consist of our mountain bikes, snowboards, and backpacking gear. We liked the idea of a small suv or hatch cause we could change in the back seats and in the winter, have a roof over our heads when we're putting on our gear when it's raining or snowing.

The last car we looked at was the mazda 3, which like I said, we liked the most. It also had all the features we wanted to, steerable HID lights, heated seats and mirror, memory seating, pretty nice interior, good gas mileage, responsive, and relatively roomy. The only thing it didn't have was awd, which the others did but I could only remember 2-3 times that we've gotten stuck in snow in the dodge so we figured it wasn't that essential.

Sitting in the back corner of the mazda dealer was a black evo x gsx and an orange ralliart. The thing looked badass. Cept it was buried all the way in the back and they couldn't get it out for a test drive. We just wanted to know what it was like.

So we went to another mitsubishi dealer about 20 minutes away and decided to test drive the ralliart, then grab lunch, enjoy an afternoon of golf, and go home to relax. There was a black evo x mr and a white ralliart at the front of the show room. Well, we just fell in love after our test drive. The guy was like, I'll see what we can do and went to talk to his manager. I told my girlfriend, we're not buying this thing, so he's gonna come back and you're gonna say, "no, no, we have a lot to do today, we have to go" unless he gives us a ridiculously low price, which was what he came back with. We both looked at each other and I knew I wasn't going to play golf that day.

Problem was, we only had 1 form of ID on us, we didn't have any checks, I only had my AMEX (which they hate cause I put 4 grand down and they would've lost 5% of that to amex). It was a mess changing insurance, getting financing put through, etc. The only bright side was that when the car was on the show room floor, this family came in and the kid kept asking his dad if they could get it. Another family came in and their 2 teenage sons were gawking at the car. Apparently it's almost as good as an ice cream truck.

So 5 hours later, after hundreds of calls to get ID, references, convincing the manager to put the down payment on my amex, them running to get plates for me, I literally drove it off the show room floor.

/Long winded story.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasnt even looking to buy the car lol....

I was looking in to buying a new car, but not too seriously though. I was actually looking in to buying the civic si and trading in my 06 corolla.

one saturday i decided i really wanted to see what it was like to drive an evo.
So I threw on my Air Force Uniform, too look more serious in hopes of letting me drive the evo x.

I pulled up to the dealership and this short chubby hispanic guy approaches me and asked if he could help me.

I told them That i was looking for something quick and sporty and asked If i could test drive the evox.

He turned me down and told me only serious buyers can...i was like wtf...
then i asked to test drive the ralliart ( back in nov 08) he said the same thing..

dissappointed ..I started to pack my fam back up in the corolla then another salesman comes to me and asked if I had been helped...

I told him i just wanted to get a feel for some cars, he let me test drive the RA..

I had a blast...

Came back and messed around with numbers...ended up buying that same day..

felt sorry for that first salesman, hahahahaha
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

0% APR. That is all.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:44 PM
Account Disabled

I test drove it 6 times, and bartered until i got what i wanted, then finally caved and put a deposit on it.

6 weeks later when my family finally decided it was important, we went to pick it up lol.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:03 PM

I went 2 the mitsu dealership In hopes of getting a white evo X Fully Loaded But Was Turned down I was pretty upset since I was able 2 test drive it and thinkin I had it till they said No..from There they told me about the ralliart and how it was similar 2 the evo and things like that after looking at pics and all the things it had I couldn't pass on it. from there i was sold...7 months later I can say I'm happy by the outcome...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

I just walked in and bought it. No real story.

Subaru wouldn't give me a good financing rate or enough for my trade-in.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

i was in Iraq... middle of gun fire.. and i figured.. man ... might as well just buy a bad *** ralliart so talk to mah bro n he hookd me up lol

-THIS IS TRUE LOL thats the funny part

Last edited by Cesarn2928; Sep 15, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Went to a couple dealers and bartered the price lower and lower bringing each new dealer the best price i had from before. I looked into the subbie and used that as leverage as well. Funny that some dealers won't let you test drive an X, some dealer near me told me i should test drive the X because "it's the same thing" which surprised me both because A) It's not and B) i'm only 20 and admittedly look about 17 lol.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Long story

Always been in love with mitsu and the evo. I had the chance to buy one once, but the wife gave me the option of evo, or '04 ralliart and a '04 R6. Like an idiot i figured I would get more use out of the two than one evo. Big mistake. Turns out being married is expensive and between house, furniture, etc. I would end up having to sell the R6 and traded the ralliart in for an Endeavor for the family.

Then the X came out and I was floored again in my passion of owning one. My wife reminded me that I drove 1.5hrs each way to work in bumper to bumper traffic, a manual would be lame. Well with SST that problem was solved. Then she reminded me that a $600-$700 car payment was a bad idea because we were trying for a baby. So I did what anyone else would do, find cheaper turbo cars to fill that empty hole inside me that only a X would fill. I looked at WRX and MS3, but they would not give me the money I wanted for my '06 civic. I decided I would go to the car show to sit in them both and saw the all new Ralliart!!! I was sold right then and there, but she still was not. It was still too much money going out each month, and we needed to save as much money as possible. We decided it was best to keep the civic and the endeavor and save the extra $$ for the family. Totally lame.

Then in June of this year I got extremely sick and made two trips to the ER where I almost died both times. My near death experience resulted in both my wife and I quitting smoking, and she felt super bad for me. With the money we were saving not smoking, it totally made up for the extra money a month to buy a new car. It wasn't enough for a MR X, but it was the perfect amount for a RA. So we took a day off work, went up to mitsu, traded in the civic and drove off in a WW 3 hours later.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

i have been looking to get back in a mitsu for a long time.. awd was a plus for me.. so i was at an auto show and they had the new evo x sitting there.. and i was like.. thats really nice.. so i was talking to the guy from the dealership and i was like.. i though there was a version of the lancer between the gts and the evo.. and he was like.. yah the ralliart.. i was like.. oh but thats not awd right.. and he was like hell yes it is.. and turbo.. my eyes lit up.. he told me they just got 1 on their lot and they were the only ones in WNY that had one.. so the next day i went for a test drive.. was impressed.. looked at the price tag vs the evo.. and bought the car..
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Went down to the dealership i use to work at to say "wuzzup" (no intention to buy at all) and also hopes of driving the Ralliart........again. Saw my friend Jimmy who is a manager/salesman and he asked me if i test drove the Ralliart yet, of course i said no . They had 3; a fully loaded rotor glow in the showroom, an apex silver w recaro pkg, and a base tarmac black both outside.

He grabbed the key to the apex silver. I enjoyed the rockford fosgate, the recaro's kinda but loved the tranny more being the third time around. It was hot as *****, (damn SFL sun), so the AC was on sappin uber power from the car but it was ok, this drive was jus to get more complete feel for it and to seal the deal between this and the Genesis coupe.

We got back and he asked me if i like it and i told yes i did. We went inside and he said which one do u want? I was like then i laughed. But he was serious, he told me he can definately get me done with my less than stellar credit and no money down, i told him if he can do it then i'll take the car home right now. He came back with the GM and my special rate form Mitsubishi and said "I'm gonna get the car cleaned up and they will be ready for u in finance soon." then shook my hand.

I was in shock for about two weeks, lol. I do not regret it one bit. I love this car. But i do wish i had the projectors.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:29 AM
Account Disabled

projectors are awesome
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

This is the reason why i got a Ralliart

Got full money back besides the mods

Attached Thumbnails What's your story behind your Ralliart?-gti.jpg   What's your story behind your Ralliart?-gti-2.jpg   What's your story behind your Ralliart?-gti-3.jpg   What's your story behind your Ralliart?-gti-4.jpg  
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Euripides
This is the reason why i got a Ralliart

Got full money back besides the mods

god dam.. pretty good ****ing reason lol
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

too bad the ralliart doesnt have an option for a traditional maual trans... still a great car tho.

i wonder if anyone will try a tranny swap on it..?

Quick Reply: What's your story behind your Ralliart?