Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA seat rails and Evo X seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up RA seat rails and Evo X seats

Do the RA rails fit the Recaro seats?

I just bought some Evo X seats and the former owner installed them on another car. He pulled the 4 flanges that hold the seat to the chasis off the seat rails to adapt some for the other car that had them. At the end, the seats are pretty much flat on the ground without the flanges.

What will be the easiest?

1. Swap the seat rails off from the RA to the Recaros and viceversa.

2. Remove the flanges off the RA and weld or bolt them to the Evo X rails.

I guess that the easiest way to do it is to visually check the rails themselves, but I did not have a chance yet.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just use your stock RA rails.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:09 PM
EvoM Moderator

I knew they looked very similar!

Any idea about the torx size for the rails bolt?

Thanks a lot for the prompt response!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
EvoM Moderator

Not straight forward swap!

The passenger side needed to remove a bracket that are held by some rivets. After removing that bracket, the RA rail bolt right away.

The driver side rail can not be swapped. Or at least not w/o major changes. I ended up using the Evo X rail and bolt the flanges that go to the chasis into the rails.

I got no SES or airbag code on the car after the swap.

So, for a true plug-n-play... Get the Evo X seats with all brackets and rails. Everything should bolt right in.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joedr
So, for a true plug-n-play... Get the Evo X seats with all brackets and rails. Everything should bolt right in.
Thanks for mentioning this part, I just bought an Evo X Sparco bracket without knowing if it would match the same
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:55 PM
EvoM Moderator

Hope that I posted this before you order something 4 hrs away on mods to get it fit. Good luck!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:44 PM

Just to confirm, you did not need to change/swap the occupant control module on the passenger side, correct? I wonder if there's slightly different programming/software between the two types of seats for the airbag deployment, that's all. Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:00 PM
EvoM Moderator

I have to swap the passengers air bag control module. So, I have to keep the RA control module for the swap to work without codes.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:02 PM

Good to know, thanks. I guess it's worthwhile to get another module if you ever want to switch back and forth. Or, I guess you could pay each time to clear the VIN mismatch and SRS light!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:20 AM

You don't have to switch modules, but if you don't you will get airbag codes that the dealer will need to reprogram. It costs around $100. Once they do that, you can switch between each pair of seats, and the car will not throw the airbag code anymore with either seat.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by mixedwun
You don't have to switch modules, but if you don't you will get airbag codes that the dealer will need to reprogram. It costs around $100. Once they do that, you can switch between each pair of seats, and the car will not throw the airbag code anymore with either seat.
Thanks for the response. To clarify, are you saying that once reprogrammed, say from base to Recaro, you can then switch back and forth between base and Recaro seats and not get codes/warnings anymore? I don't quite understand the logic behind that, which is why I'm asking again. Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by hccyong
Thanks for the response. To clarify, are you saying that once reprogrammed, say from base to Recaro, you can then switch back and forth between base and Recaro seats and not get codes/warnings anymore? I don't quite understand the logic behind that, which is why I'm asking again. Thanks.
Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. The tech will reprogram("relearn") the module on the seat to your cars system so regardless if you remove it and switch back to stock it will not lose its programming. This is of course if the seats you bought still has the module underneath the passengers seat. Sometimes sellers will remove them before selling. In that case, your only option is to swap yours out.