Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Front Nose

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Front Nose

I just found these online while trying to look for aero parts..which are non existant for our RA's. This would be perfect for those who have upgraded intercoolers that are taller. This would effectively give air flow to the top portion of the intercooler (just like the X's), you will still need to cut the foam that is behind the black portion of the bumper, but other than that, it should be possible. Just something interesting I saw, I still cant find a link to purchase them though.

http://www.evosoul.com/blog/?p=194

this is a picture of my front bumper when it was removed, as you can see the white foam needs to be cut in the shape and i think the bumper support as well, but i didnt see if there was already a hole on the bumper support, if someone else can chime in

Last edited by bmanuhutu; Oct 25, 2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, that supporting arm is metal, not foam. So it might not be that easy to cut through.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

That pic in the 1st post was from a Toronto Lancer Club group buy a few months back. PM Evo Soul about it maybe he can give u a link about where to get it from.
ARS Body Kits also has them http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,2048.0.html
Old Oct 25, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmanuhutu
Just something interesting I saw, I still cant find a link to purchase them though.
I have no idea about the fitment, but you should be able to order any stock part from your local Mitsubishi dealer. I believe all the Mitsu dealer's part systems are setup via VIN number, so the easiest way is to go to the dealer's website, find a new Evo X for sale, get the VIN number, and then have the dealer look up the part using that.

-Taranis
Old Oct 25, 2009, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there, Got a pm about this. I have been making inroads into Mitsubishi Canada, and more importantly, Mitsubishi USA for a number of different items. What I can say right now is a few mods will be coming to north america, likely based in Cali.

The Center nose piece is a great aftermarket mod, Better still with the addition of CF versions of this make it almost a no brainer. It compliments those calling CF crazy with CF hoods and splitters.

That said, from what I have heard from Rick Chong , there is a distribution node that will possibly be coming to California. So now you guys will have a USA source to get the goods faster.
I am currently getting involved with the SEMA show and Quarterbacking a few mods that will be presented there. So after I get that out of the way and speak to Mitsubishi USA about new programs for the Lancer / RalliArt, I will give an update on the status of all this.

On a side note, As far as I know, NONE of my alliance's of contacts are aligned with ARS Bodykits.
Cheers
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
As far as I know, that supporting arm is metal, not foam. So it might not be that easy to cut through.
It's definitely foam... I figured that out when I put my side mount plate kit on.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by danielsjessen
It's definitely foam... I figured that out when I put my side mount plate kit on.
LOL....foam covering many lbs of steel! Our steel bumper does not have the slots cut in it like the aluminum bumper on the EVO's, so you would need someone to cut them for you and then box weld the open sides where you cut the slots for strength.... unless you don't mind loosing some front end collision protection.

Keith

Last edited by Fourdoor; Oct 26, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
LOL....foam covering many lbs of steel! Our steel bumper does not have the slots cut in it like the aluminum bumper on the EVO's, so you would need someone to cut them for you and then box weld the open sides where you cut the slots for strength.... unless you don't mind loosing some front end collision protection.

Keith
This is right, isn't it? Sure there is foam on the front, but there is a steel beam behind, no?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

The car in that pic at the top is a GTS not an R/A. Looks to much like an EVO. I want something that looks like the R/A WRC CAR front end.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I have the evo aluminum vented cross brace installed and have been waiting for something like this to vent the bumper. Very interesting. The cf piece for the evo was curved different and did not fit. Is this cf piece made specifically for the RA?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Piper747
I have the evo aluminum vented cross brace installed and have been waiting for something like this to vent the bumper. Very interesting. The cf piece for the evo was curved different and did not fit. Is this cf piece made specifically for the RA?
Where did you get the EVO aluminum cross brace? Was it difficult to install/did it have any fitment issues?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ladogaboy
where did you get the evo aluminum cross brace? Was it difficult to install/did it have any fitment issues?
+1
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

I got it from a member of this forum who was local to me and had purchased the jdm version that had the toe hook. The fitment was very good. The only thing was that one of the bolts for the horn was a different size, and it seemed to fit a bit tighter against the URIC I have. Maybe a quarter inch tighter. I had to push a bit but it went. All bolt holes fit perfect. Not sure if I have gained any more air flow without venting the bumper though. Maybe a little. I figured I would buy it anyway since it was a great deal and a rare find.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
for those wondering, keith is definitely right. there IS a foam pad, however it is covering a metal crossmember that functions as a bumper support, crash bar and an intercooler mounting point, among other things. the one in our car is not vented, but can be cut as was also said above, but wouldnt be as strong without some welding. the thing most people dont realize, tho, is that a replacement metal bumper support for the evo as well as the vented front facia and the actual plastic ducts to go from the front bumper back directly to the i/c are all easily obtained from the dealership, and possibly from online oem vendors. if anyone is really interested, i can look up the part numbers for everything tomorrow, but from what i remember when looking it up for my car, it was all relatively inexpensive and can be easily done yourself using the how-to's that can be found on these forums
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
for those wondering, keith is definitely right. there IS a foam pad, however it is covering a metal crossmember that functions as a bumper support, crash bar and an intercooler mounting point, among other things. the one in our car is not vented, but can be cut as was also said above, but wouldnt be as strong without some welding. the thing most people dont realize, tho, is that a replacement metal bumper support for the evo as well as the vented front facia and the actual plastic ducts to go from the front bumper back directly to the i/c are all easily obtained from the dealership, and possibly from online oem vendors. if anyone is really interested, i can look up the part numbers for everything tomorrow, but from what i remember when looking it up for my car, it was all relatively inexpensive and can be easily done yourself using the how-to's that can be found on these forums
The problem with the front fascia is that (except for the chrome ring) it is all one piece on the RA. The Evo has the separate vented cross piece but does not fit. I suppose it could be customized. I was planning to cut the bumper vents and was waiting for a beauty panel to make it look nice.

Last edited by Piper747; Oct 26, 2009 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo X Front Nose