Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

has anyone gone from Evo to Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still have my EVO 0 (yes, I said ZERO). It is a garage queen mostly and does not drive as nice but has almost triple the power.

The RA with all the recalls done is a very civil car and would be a better choice vs. the Camaro for several reasons.

The RA is a 4 door. Insurance is cheaper, is much more versatile, and can fly under the radar more.

The RA is AWD. Unless you live in the south, AWD is KING over 2wd (even more so than RWD).

The RA has a better warranty.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Actually it was an EVO X MR to sportback... it's me. I like the lower cost, and the performance difference in a strait line are not that bad stock for stock, and I already have my Ralliart running substantially faster than a stock EVO X MR.

It would take more $$$ to match ALL aspects (brakeing, handling, AYC, power) of the EVO performance advantage over the Ralliart than you save on the price difference... but the Ralliart is lighter, and has the potential to be faster in a strait line the the EVO X MR I traded in.

To the original poster, if the car is for your wife, GET HER WHAT SHE wants... unless you want to trade in the Ralliart a year from now on a V-6 Camero

Keith
Anything but a Camaro man!!!
don't feed GM trolls after they took all the dam bailout money and STILL went bankrupt... I wish they effing dissapear lol (yes I'm still mad at how incompetent they and our government can be... but this aint no forum to discuss political point of views so moving on lol)
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Buy your wife the Ralliart and reap your rewards on March 14th!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Whats March 14?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralliart425
The RA has a better warranty.
What warranty? lol I've only heard bad things about Mitsubishi warranty. I'm taking my car to do the AWC, Fuel Pipe, Oil change and also gonna complain a rattle in the front two doors when the music is around 27. I hope they'll fix this and not find some way out of it like blame it on say... a testpipe lol
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

I went from an 03 evo to the RA and i must say there is a signifigant difference. the handling and speed of the Evo is far superior stock for stock. But I got the RA for comfort features. the Recaros in the evo were tearing my back up for a DD and the suspension was too stiff, I could feel every bump in the road and it hurt lol. The RA was the perfect combination for me. nice features(blue tooth, softer suspension ans seats, keyless entry etc...) and still has descent handling and power which can be upgraded im happy with the change. If I wanted an all out track car I wouldve got another evo but since I wanted a DD the RA was perfect
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

im pretty happy with my ralliart. but an evo would be alot better for the purpose im using it for
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:47 PM
Former Sponsor

http://www.steakandbj.com/

March 14th

The local alternative station refers to it as Steak and RH day since they can't say BJ on the radio. I'll let you guys figure out what RH means.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS

March 14th

The local alternative station refers to it as Steak and RH day since they can't say BJ on the radio. I'll let you guys figure out what RH means.
lol
what a combo
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
yes they do look A LOT better in person man, you should go check them out
I would buy the wife a Sportback... Right now I'm doing better 1/8 mile time than a Camaro SS so don't get such Elephant, give her something she could enjoy... how about a Mazdaspeed3?
I was witness to this.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'd also recommend she take a look at the Mazdaspeed3 as another alternative. They are great cars stock, and have plenty of potential if you want to mod it for her on the side. =)

-Taranis
Old Oct 29, 2009, 02:50 PM

I cross shopped the Ralliart, WRX, and Mazdaspeed3 before buying my Ralliart. They are all great cars and I did drive the Evo X before I made my choice, but I wanted a comfortable, practical daily driver and couldn't justify buying the Evo (not to mention the price difference). I traded in a base 05 350Z for my Ralliart and have no regrets.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Taranis
I'd also recommend she take a look at the Mazdaspeed3 as another alternative. They are great cars stock, and have plenty of potential if you want to mod it for her on the side. =)

-Taranis
He said she doesn't like hatchbacks.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

March 14th

lol. god bless q101 for their daily public service announcement with the countdown to "steak and rh" day. to the op, get her the ralliart and im sure she will love it enough to be more than compliant come mar. 14th
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

March 14th

Uhhhh....Where do I go for this.

Quick Reply: has anyone gone from Evo to Ralliart?