Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

has anyone gone from Evo to Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Actually it was an EVO X MR to sportback... it's me. I like the lower cost, and the performance difference in a strait line are not that bad stock for stock, and I already have my Ralliart running substantially faster than a stock EVO X MR.

It would take more $$$ to match ALL aspects (brakeing, handling, AYC, power) of the EVO performance advantage over the Ralliart than you save on the price difference... but the Ralliart is lighter, and has the potential to be faster in a strait line the the EVO X MR I traded in.

To the original poster, if the car is for your wife, GET HER WHAT SHE wants... unless you want to trade in the Ralliart a year from now on a V-6 Camero

Keith
Yeah, she actually really likes the Camaro a lot, so i'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company on pricing between the 2.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bmanuhutu
as you can see in my sig I had an EVO 8 305/310 and I sold it and bought the RA. Stock for stock sure the power is not like the evo, but with the correct mods, i bet it will be faster than my evo. Also my evo did not have the luxuries ie, bluetooth, fast key, dual clutch.

I daily drove my evo, i dont mind driving stick, but the TC-SST tranny is something to love. I can burn rubber and have it bounce the rev limiter like a madman on acid or set it to normal and just be a casual citizen driving a lancer. It's your decision, but I think I made a wise decision.
Hmmm... that reminds me why do I feel the need to tickle the switch from sport mode to normal mode when I see the fuzz pull up beside me?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So when I went car shopping I looked at the mustang gt, the evo x, the masda 6, and the subara wrx and the ralliart. The ralliart stood out because of one thing, the sport mode. I have never seen a car up shift and down shift so smoothly. I mean its very aggressive and when you put it into normal mode i felt like a normal person again. it soon came down to should i buy an evo x or a ra. the ra easily one because of price, comfort, practicality, and i felt like the evo x is some demon that if i didnt treat right could possible turn on me and kill me. So there the ralliart, laid back street demon that wont try to kill you.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:51 PM

Cant afford an EVO, even more, i can barely afford the gas for the RA which is pretty good. Im in school right now and id say all my concrete pouring summers income was well wasted on this car.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:08 AM

I traded in a 2002 Mustang GT for my RA. Couldn’t DD my mustang anymore, plus it was starting to breakdown on me. Way too many passes at the track over 7 years will do that. Wanted a 2010 Mustang GT in the worst way but FORD has made that kind of hard asking 31k for it with the options I want before tax. EVO X was also out of my price range. Trying to pay for a house on my own and divorced after 6 months makes it kind of hard financially. (But at least I kept the house) so I decided on the RA (Recaro Package). Got a great deal on mine. Was used with 5k on it. Walked out of the dealership after a trade on my GT for 18,500. Yea it could be faster but its quick enough for me as a DD. Although as much as I like the SST I do miss a true manual. Just my opinion. I think the RA is a great car with a nice balance of power and handling for what it is. With some mods it can be a really well balanced performance street car.