Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

has anyone gone from Evo to Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has anyone gone from Evo to Ralliart?

Hey all,
Still thinking about buying the wife an RA. If anyone has done this... how do you feel now? Are you dissapointed in the performance difference? or do you feel like with just some mods you could have a high 12 second car for less than the cost of an Evo? Just trying to see how I will like it myself if I get her that. Also considering getting her the new V6 Camaro which she REALLY likes. 304 hp isn't bad for a V6 and could turbo that baby later on
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

I think one guy went from an Evo 9 MR to a Sportback Ralliart.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by japan101
I think those sport backs are UGLY... although I haven't seen one in person yet, so maybe it looks better in person.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I think those sport backs are UGLY... although I haven't seen one in person yet, so maybe it looks better in person.
yes they do look A LOT better in person man, you should go check them out
I would buy the wife a Sportback... Right now I'm doing better 1/8 mile time than a Camaro SS so don't get such Elephant, give her something she could enjoy... how about a Mazdaspeed3?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
yes they do look A LOT better in person man, you should go check them out
I would buy the wife a Sportback... Right now I'm doing better 1/8 mile time than a Camaro SS so don't get such Elephant, give her something she could enjoy... how about a Mazdaspeed3?
thought about that... but she's not into the hatchback type styles at all.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

you know its funny, i just test drove a IX yesterday cause i was considering going from the RA to an EVO.... i hate to say it, but i was a bit disappointed. For a DD and for my style of driving, the extra dough for an EVO doesn't seem to be worth it. Stock IX for tuned RA, the getup and go seemed about the same and the ride was much more comfortable in the RA. I really do miss the traditional manual though.

Get the wife the RA. She'll have fun and you won't be disappointed when you have to drive it either.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnus82
you know its funny, i just test drove a IX yesterday cause i was considering going from the RA to an EVO.... i hate to say it, but i was a bit disappointed. For a DD and for my style of driving, the extra dough for an EVO doesn't seem to be worth it. Stock IX for tuned RA, the getup and go seemed about the same and the ride was much more comfortable in the RA. I really do miss the traditional manual though.

Get the wife the RA. She'll have fun and you won't be disappointed when you have to drive it either.
If I get her the RA, then I won't have to worry so much about her taking my X
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

just hope she doesn't get the mod bug and tells you to make it go faster!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

as you can see in my sig I had an EVO 8 305/310 and I sold it and bought the RA. Stock for stock sure the power is not like the evo, but with the correct mods, i bet it will be faster than my evo. Also my evo did not have the luxuries ie, bluetooth, fast key, dual clutch.

I daily drove my evo, i dont mind driving stick, but the TC-SST tranny is something to love. I can burn rubber and have it bounce the rev limiter like a madman on acid or set it to normal and just be a casual citizen driving a lancer. It's your decision, but I think I made a wise decision.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

I went from 2003 evo 8 WW 410whp and 408ftlb (50 trim turbo Cusco Twin Disc clutch) to a Ralliart. I like the Ralliart, but wish I got the MR instead.
Once I do the suspension though, I think I'll like it just as much.

The big difference between a ralliart and ANY evo is the handling and feedback it returns!
Everything else is pretty much the same powerwise, interior and exterior look....

I love the SST trans!!!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

So I'm hoping some coilovers, swaybars and tuned suspension it'll handle close to a stock 8. Then, I'll be 100% satisfied with it.

The handling difference between the two is similar to the difference of a civic si and NSX...
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
So I'm hoping some coilovers, swaybars and tuned suspension it'll handle close to a stock 8. Then, I'll be 100% satisfied with it.

The handling difference between the two is similar to the difference of a civic si and NSX...
robi's sportback once properly setup outhandled any stock evo's
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmanuhutu
robi's sportback once properly setup outhandled any stock evo's
u think? even if the RA doesn't even come with AYC, ACD and all that A.D.D crap?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
u think? even if the RA doesn't even come with AYC, ACD and all that A.D.D crap?
Robispec knows how to set up/track prep cars. His RA can beat Lotuses on the track for goodness sake!

Last edited by Ladogaboy; Oct 28, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by japan101
Actually it was an EVO X MR to sportback... it's me. I like the lower cost, and the performance difference in a strait line are not that bad stock for stock, and I already have my Ralliart running substantially faster than a stock EVO X MR.

It would take more $$$ to match ALL aspects (brakeing, handling, AYC, power) of the EVO performance advantage over the Ralliart than you save on the price difference... but the Ralliart is lighter, and has the potential to be faster in a strait line the the EVO X MR I traded in.

To the original poster, if the car is for your wife, GET HER WHAT SHE wants... unless you want to trade in the Ralliart a year from now on a V-6 Camero

Keith

Quick Reply: has anyone gone from Evo to Ralliart?