Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

HELP! I have moisture in my Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! I have moisture in my Headlamp

When I installed my HID conversion, the housing cracked on the passenger side. Now every morning and anytime it rains its all wet inside and is dim compared to the other side. The heat from the 8000k High and Low beams can dry it in about 20 minutes. I have found almost evert aftermarket part for the Ralliart car since i bought it but just cant find any Headlamps. If you guys can help me out with some links to Aftermarket or OEM. Also would the Projector beam from the Recardo RA be a plug n play or could that be some how jimmy rigged? Any info would help, i hate having one headlight brighter than the other. Thanks

SEAN 09' RG RA
Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hi, check out oemmitsubishiparts . net and there will be two categories. replacement parts on the left and body parts on the right. using the right side body parts column, use the drop down menus to select 2008, mitsubishi, and lancer evolution. then use the second column on the left where it says collision catalog and click on front lamps. then headlamp components. then lens and housing. then w/hid. it should be a direct bolt-on replacement as far as fitment goes. for about 325 per bare headlamp housing, its fairly inexpensive with all things considered

for the lighting, assuming you have a typical aftermarket hid conversion, you can go to ebay or wherever and you will need to buy a new set of bulbs to fit the housings, the 9006 replica fittings arent gonna work. just search for whatever color temp you have and then make sure the bulb style is D2S. (ie: 8000k D2S) and you should have what you are looking for that will connect with the two wires from the hid kit and should fit right into the factory projector housing without any problems, and i think you can get them as low as like 15 or 20 bucks for just the bulbs
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

thanks bro ive been looking and havent found much, thanks man
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Also talk to Russell at mitsubishiparts a sponsor of our forum. There is a sub forum here for him.