Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ACD Fault Code.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Fault Code.

So as i was driving to work in the early AM and i got a ACD fault error pop up on the display. ( checked in manual because i didn't know WTF the screen was showing) Called the dealer and they said most likly it was from the cold throwing the code out, but to come in and check which code it is, to be on the safe side. They said they have had a few RA's come in with the ACD code but it was just the cold setting it off. Anyone else come across this?

I will let you know if it was just the cold setting it off or not when i find out.

Hopefully i dont come out with Voided warranty because of mods.
No iam not flashing back to stock or removing mods..
But i will baby sit what they do because i don't trust them one bit.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:37 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you do the ACD reflash?
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled

(x) Change in the ashtray
(x) a pack of gum in the cup holder
(x) performance wiper fluid
(x) oil change
(x) another pointless list nobody cares about

That's funny!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Crappy, I haven't got that code in our "cold" weather. If our -10 to -15 causes these codes I can't imagine how many codes guys in Edmonton for example would get.

FYI, I was talking to the service manager @ Valley Mits and he said that every time u bring your car in (if it is under warranty) they check the ecu for flashes and take pics of any mods u have, so u can't return to stock later and say u have no mods. I hope he was just trying to scare me away from getting mods if not they are a bunch of b@$tards.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:31 PM
tre
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
Crappy, I haven't got that code in our "cold" weather. If our -10 to -15 causes these codes I can't imagine how many codes guys in Edmonton for example would get.

FYI, I was talking to the service manager @ Valley Mits and he said that every time u bring your car in (if it is under warranty) they check the ecu for flashes and take pics of any mods u have, so u can't return to stock later and say u have no mods. I hope he was just trying to scare me away from getting mods if not they are a bunch of b@$tards.
find yourself another dealership. that one sounds like a bunch of d-bags
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i already decided to hit another place and get the code pulled to see what it is.. before i go in there.
They havn't been to bad with me for mods before.. i have spent tons of cash in their on my DSM , so they treat me pretty good..
If they try to **** me when i go in there if there is a prob, they will lose my bizz on the spot. I dont mind spending money if i cause the problem..

Originally Posted by xi
Did you do the ACD reflash?
Pretty sure the reflash is for the ASC or something not ACD (active center differential)

Last edited by Jyrk; Dec 14, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tre
find yourself another dealership. that one sounds like a bunch of d-bags
I wish I could but it's the only Mits dealer in BC outside of the Greater Vancouver area, so the next closest one is almost 4 hrs away.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:44 PM
tre
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
I wish I could but it's the only Mits dealer in BC outside of the Greater Vancouver area, so the next closest one is almost 4 hrs away.
damn dude that sucks.

well keep the mods mild. and familiarize yourself with removing them and going back to stock when it comes time.

i really hate dealers like this. they think they're doing mitsumotors a favor in cases like this. when really they're just hurting themselves in the long run.

i've been in the auto industry as a warranty clerk for a couple dealerships. i've never once scene any of them deny warranty including mitsu enless there were some outrageous circumstances.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the reflash that came out around the same time as the fuel pipe replacement was for the awc ecu, ie. the acd. i got that warning light too just the other day. i already had the flash done in september, but one day last week it was about -2 F and like -20 F wind-chill, and i got the light on the way home after work. it turns out, there was a code c161 e or f, i dont remember off hand, but it was for the acd pump. the malfunction that the reflash was supposed to prevent, but because of my production date or parts used or something determined by mitsubishi techline support gurus and engineers, it still happened. bringing it back in next week for acd pump replacement. $2000 U.S. part, plus labor. thank mitsu for warranty. and yes, car is still drivable, no damage will be done driving without the acd, just like driving on a simpler awd platform without a smart lock-up computer
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Hrmmm well then.. interested to see what code i pull now..
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
verdict? ended up replacing the hydraulic unit on mine and problem solved. around 2000 bucks for the whole deal, good thing warranty covered it, thanks
Old Apr 22, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help - ACD WARNING light

I was driving home today and punched to accelerate up the hill and I punched again on a straight way to pass some car after getting rock off the windshield (no crack), 2 sec later ACD warning came up (yellow 4 wheels) is this related to TC-SST failure?
* sorry I dont have the time right now to read the whole tread, my little guy is tearing up the house.

If so, should I flash my ECU back to stock before taking it to the dealer? Second, question can flash my car back to stock and still keep in the boost pill?

Suggestions.........
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

The error message you saw should be in the back of the owner's manual. See if you can match it up, and let us know what it is.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

It's the ACD (Active Center Differential), I looked it up before I posted it. My car shifts fine, according the manual it may correct itself or temporarily suspend ACD, but will not efffect normal driving.
Just curious if the ACD is linked to ECU?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Jyrk,

So what was the finally verdict? I just had similar incident with ACD warning. Should I be worried? Today was one of the warmer days and I did have AWC flash back in November.

Quick Reply: ACD Fault Code.