Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tjac357
crap. i had my pump replaced and got the reflash. knowing my luck it'll go bad again
yea, the flash isnt always going to fix it, but if your pump has already been replaced, it should be fine. i think some early production pumps didnt have the safety cut-off to prevent it from continuing to spin the motor if the lines were frozen so even if you had the flash, the pump wouldnt recognize the command from the controller and would still keep running anyways. the updated pump should have that safety feature built in.

sorry for the ot, i hate when snow and crap gets piled up in the wheels, sucks especially when its bad to the point where you cant even control the car at cruising speed and have to get out in the weather to clear them out, only to have it happen again in a couple miles of driving. damn chicago lake-effect snowstorms...
Old Dec 23, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jyrk
you got the light also?

I believe its the ACD pump, From what i heard from the dealer (no idea if its true) is that the lines can freeze and burn out the pump.

I am going in this week for them to figure out what is wrong.
If that's the case, they should be using a lighter weight oil in the center diff. I honestly can't believe how rediculous this car is. I love driving it, but I live in COLD weather! I can't be dealing with these issues every winter. I've had better luck with used cars that are 15-20 years old, haha!

Not to mention the chips and scratches on the front of my rear quarter panel. I can't get at my battery because the friggin plastic screws to take off the intake just spin. The battery cover wing-nuts (I think thats what they are) vibrated loose and are no longer there. My sunroof button vibrates and makes an annoying noise. The glovebox makes and annoying noise. the 750 watt sound system (part of the $5000 package) is ****. Hmmm, I could go on, and on, and on...