Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

U.S. News and World Report Article

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I upgreaded mine to 7yr/100,000

yea I think mitsu are great You cant really find many dealers even out here in Cali so its hard to get the car you like

I could care less about the plastic, its better than the nagahide crap they put in the carolla
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OctaneBlueRA
People who write these reviews should actually drive the car. Before I bought my ra, I test drove a few other cars which includes the 09 corolla. Their interior is pretty flimsy, horribly underpowered, styled towards young womens. Our ra acceleration isn't that bad seeing that the car is heavy with a slight turbo lag in the begining. I can't believe that that guy compared the corolla to our car. I'll laugh in his face
The reviewer is comparing the corolla to the gts and lower models (note that he makes an exception for the RA in the review)....and if I had to choose between a non-RA lancer and a corolla...the corolla would win (more reliable, better quality interior albeit negligibly slower than the GTS).

Anyone who sits in the cars can immediately tell fit and finish, quality, etc. I bought the RA knowing the tradeoff in interior quality and potential overall longevity in exchange for its engine and drivetrain (than the 08 GTI w/ dsg I had at the time).

That and the wife made me buy the 8year/200000km warranty to counteract the perceived shorter longevity (that is begging to be voided by mods....)
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by majinfajita
and if I had to choose between a non-RA lancer and a corolla...the corolla would win (more reliable, better quality interior albeit negligibly slower than the GTS).
What I hate is the assumption of reliability. Neither car (in current trim) has been around long enough to truly know how reliable they are. As far as the quality of interior, I think that will really depend on trim. While I'll admit that I haven't sat in the current gen Corolla, the interior of every Toyota I have ever ridden in has been meh.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
What I hate is the assumption of reliability. Neither car (in current trim) has been around long enough to truly know how reliable they are. As far as the quality of interior, I think that will really depend on trim. While I'll admit that I haven't sat in the current gen Corolla, the interior of every Toyota I have ever ridden in has been meh.

I agree I chose the RA over the EVO not only because of the cost but knowing that it has the same engine with less boost and detuned would last longer (if not abused). Also I read somewhere that these engines are built with forged internals - much more durable than whats in the baseline lancers = way more reliable.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

But even when you don't look at the forged internals and more robust parts on the RA and the EVO. Sure, there are more early 2000s Corollas and Civics on the road than there are Mirages and Lancers, but guess what? There were more early 2000s Corollas and Civics sold. Doesn't really prove much.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jllaqui
and didnt those corollas have that huge recall??
yes, you're right, let's put it this way:

Corolla < Civic EX-L < RA
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:22 PM

I love my RA. Always find some excuse to go for a drive. I didnt even go out to buy a RA origanly i was waiting for the release of the new VW golf GTI. One day the way to the VW dealer to get an update on arrival of the said GTI I saw a RA parked in front of the Mitsubishi dealer and took it for a test drive.. Loved it but I forced myself to wait for the VW as all the reviews said it was the bees knees.

Finaly took the VW GTI for a test drive thats why I bought the RA.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lourance
I love my RA. Always find some excuse to go for a drive. I didnt even go out to buy a RA origanly i was waiting for the release of the new VW golf GTI. One day the way to the VW dealer to get an update on arrival of the said GTI I saw a RA parked in front of the Mitsubishi dealer and took it for a test drive.. Loved it but I forced myself to wait for the VW as all the reviews said it was the bees knees.

Finaly took the VW GTI for a test drive thats why I bought the RA.
hahaha so from that, it's concluded that:
VW GTI < RA

btw how do u request test drive so fast when i can't get my *** on that vec for test drive. =(
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

geesh.. i wish this thread was where it was...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 02:31 PM

Just thought I add that My RA has 5 year warranty and 10 year power train warranty here in Oz as standard.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I am SO going to trade in my Ralliart for a 2011 Corolla after this!

Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
I am SO going to trade in my Ralliart for a 2011 Corolla after this!

just give it to me =)
Old Mar 19, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
geesh.. i wish this thread was where it was...
Sorry. Looks like the accelerator got stuck, and the brakes did nothing.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:29 AM

Ralliarts can be had for $22k before TTL also from socal dealers... doesn't that put it at around the price range of the "more sporty" XRS corollas?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:51 AM

My girlfriend has a 08 civic...our close freind has a 09 corolla...and my buddy has a 08 lancer...needless to say if we all go somewhere we always take the lancer...I have driven all of the cars on my rounds of DD and the lancer is by far the best one....(My gf's car is worthless in my eyes..no power, ****ty aut, and it looks like a damn space ship)