Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart Performance Closing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do i think i said it above, am i wrong?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Yes. Ralliart is a company that makes parts for Mitsubishi. It has been around for some time and was linked to their motorsports programs. The Ralliart is a car, it is not related to Ralliart the company at all.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Yes. Ralliart is a company that makes parts for Mitsubishi. It has been around for some time and was linked to their motorsports programs. The Ralliart is a car, it is not related to Ralliart the company at all.

yea but I though the ralliart motor guys design the car I not saying they built the thing it would be easy for to obtain rights to the name. So lets wait and see. Maybe they will stop production and we will be a slect bunch
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wasurumo
yea but I though the ralliart motor guys design the car I not saying they built the thing it would be easy for to obtain rights to the name. So lets wait and see. Maybe they will stop production and we will be a slect bunch
No, Mitsubishi designed the car, it is simply named "Ralliart". Ralliart has no involvement with the car. Think about it, the Ralliart is basically a mash up of other cars, the short block from the Evo X, the body and suspension from the GTS, the diffs from the Evo IX, etc. Ralliart as a company is not involved anymore than STI the company is involved in the WRX STI. It's just a name.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:35 PM

Do you think they will still call future models Ralliart then? Mitsubishi would surely buy the naming rights to Ralliart they wouldnt let all those years of building that name go?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Why not? Mitsubishi likely already owns the name Ralliart.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:20 PM

Because everyone knows Ralliart thanks to the years of it being involved in Rally I thought it was a good name in the motorsport world so why not keep the name alive is all I was saying.

Mitsubishi arent known in the motoring world for having much else than there performace vechiles.

They produce good family cars and 4wds but nothing great to stand above the other manafactures in my opinion. But the Ralliart and Evolution models to me mix it with the best of them
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marco ra
Because everyone knows Ralliart thanks to the years of it being involved in Rally I thought it was a good name in the motorsport world so why not keep the name alive is all I was saying.

Mitsubishi arent known in the motoring world for having much else than there performace vechiles.

They produce good family cars and 4wds but nothing great to stand above the other manafactures in my opinion. But the Ralliart and Evolution models to me mix it with the best of them
Only some people know Ralliart, plenty associate the name with the previous Lancer Ralliart, the current Lancer Ralliart or the various special edition Galants or other cars that had the Ralliart badge.
Mitsubishi is known in many parts of the world for things other than their performance cars like the Galant, Lancer, Eclipse, Endeavour, etc. Before the Evo X came out, very few people in Canada knew what the Evo was and only thought of Mitsubishi as a maker of economy cars, SUVs and weird looking coupes.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

no big deal to this issue then, mitsu will cover this up in a way