Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

advice for aux only sound setup

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice for aux only sound setup

i have the basic sound system that comes with the base RA, basically the only thing I use on the stock sound system is the aux in for my ipod. I never use the cd player, and it would be nice to clean up all the radio/cd buttons and just have an on/off switch for the aux in.

i've looked at articles of people using the scosche (spelling?) dash kit to put in custom head units. Maybe I could make both DINs just pocket areas for storing stuff and have some sort of button for turning on the aux in port?

anyone have any advice on what I could do to make this happen? Thanks
Old May 29, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

did some research and it seems like units like the following are available...

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10429258-269.html

which look pretty awesome. I guess I could use something like this in conjuction with the JDM dash kit? Where do you buy din pockets, since this only takes up 1 din?
Old May 30, 2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by xdmitrix
i have the basic sound system that comes with the base RA, basically the only thing I use on the stock sound system is the aux in for my ipod. I never use the cd player, and it would be nice to clean up all the radio/cd buttons and just have an on/off switch for the aux in.

i've looked at articles of people using the scosche (spelling?) dash kit to put in custom head units. Maybe I could make both DINs just pocket areas for storing stuff and have some sort of button for turning on the aux in port?

anyone have any advice on what I could do to make this happen? Thanks
The problem with what you're talking about is the fact that the head unit doesn't just act as an audio interface (There's more between the aux jack and the speakers). You need some sort of amplification... I mean, you could take your auxiliary jack and take it directly to like a cheap 4 channel amp that would be connected to your door speakers and have a cheap two position switch between the battery and the amp and mount it somewhere on your dash, but you'd be better off just getting a new head unit. And if you use an iPod, I recommend an Alpine unit with an iPod interface (most of their iPod units do not have a CD player) They have some available in single and doube DIN. Just a thought
Old Jun 2, 2010, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...r-works-2.html

hope you can tell what i did. basically its a computer hooked up to the aux jack. with a touchscreen lcd in replacement of the oem buttons.

the radio is STILL in the car its behind the AC controls.

sorry some of the pictures arent available.