Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 Sportback Ralliart Hitch?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Sportback Ralliart Hitch?

Does anyone out there know of a trailer hitch that will fit a 2010 Sportback Ralliart? I have been looking, but every product is listed for a single exit exhaust. Can anyone help? I am just looking to tow a few light (under 1000 lbs) items.

Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

... just look up hidden hitch but with this car being AWD there will no where to hook it up and i bet it says in the owners manual DO NOT TOW
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure about USA but there is a genuine Mitsubishi tow kit for the RA's in Aus. Can tow (braked) 1000kg (approx 2200lbs I think). Speak to your dealer mate.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bulhas
... just look up hidden hitch but with this car being AWD there will no where to hook it up and i bet it says in the owners manual DO NOT TOW
+1 Towing + TC-SST=
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

In the manual it does specifically say not to tow ANYTHING with the Ralliart... I'm sure that Mitsu would void your warranty if you installed a hitch and they saw it.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. Just looked into the manual and there was the warning about towing. Now I need to go slap my Mitsu sales rep, because that was one of the questions I asked when purchasing this car, and of course the rep said it was possible.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:13 PM

What the manual says and what is real life is two totaly different things. I had a tow bar (hitch) fitted to my 2010 sportsback by the dealer as part of my purchase deal so cant tell you how much its cost.

If you go to the following link I had made a HOW-To on removing the rear bumber and in the photos you can see the tow bar fitted to my RA. Hope this helps ya out .. cheers

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...portsback.html

Ps. If you look closely you can see a white mitsu sticker on the tow bar plate so it must be an original part.

Last edited by Lourance; Jun 22, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lourance
What the manual says and what is real life is two totaly different things. I had a tow bar (hitch) fitted to my 2010 sportsback by the dealer as part of my purchase deal so cant tell you how much its cost.

If you go to the following link I had made a HOW-To on removing the rear bumber and in the photos you can see the tow bar fitted to my RA. Hope this helps ya out .. cheers

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...portsback.html

Ps. If you look closely you can see a white mitsu sticker on the tow bar plate so it must be an original part.
Interesting post - how did the Ralliart do towing stuff? Its got the torque and chassis to tow sensible loads, I just wonder how TC-SST does.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:14 PM

Nice, was just going to post this about towing with my sedan. Contact the dealer shortly.

ty
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartblitz
Interesting post - how did the Ralliart do towing stuff? Its got the torque and chassis to tow sensible loads, I just wonder how TC-SST does.
The heaviest load I've towed a 6x4 trailer full of damp sand and I didn’t have a problem. Was in light traffic but if ya have a lot of start and stops I'd say best to put it in sports mode.

Last edited by Lourance; Jun 23, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:42 PM

So...called my dealer here and they fed me a line about installing a hitch voiding my warrenty.

wtf?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Attached accessory list for the RA's in Aus. Page 5 has the towbar (which I've confirmed is a genuine Mitsubishi part). Print it out and take to your dealer then see what he has to say

Bugger I can't attach it cause it's too large a file. If anyone wants a copy, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:24 PM

There is a hitch I got from moore machining. It looks identical to the one from Australia but is made in Iowa. I just installed it this week and it functions and looks great give Randy a call or email www.mooremachining.com There is no other hitch available I checked everywhere and this one works great. It is installed on my 2010 ralliart sportback.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 06:50 PM

Hitch from a normal Lancer won't work? There are no hitch's available? I wonder how it would be on a lowered car?

SHould have bought that fuggin 09 WRX, bet you can get hitch's for it..
Old Jul 3, 2010, 09:14 PM

Yes there is a hitch that fits all Ralliarts get it from moore machining. It fits both the sportback and the normal ralliart and fits dual exhaust just under the muffler.

Quick Reply: 2010 Sportback Ralliart Hitch?