Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An antenna error is usually a disconnected one. If there is a lost signal it would say/flash no signal.

I am looking at a 09 RA, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? The one I have my eye on doesn't have the Recaro's, HID's or Fosgate, basically it looks like the entry level RA.

They want 23k for it with 3940 miles on it.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Well I got mine for 21.5K with 22K miles. I felt like it was a good deal with extra upgrades. I have seen them without any of those upgrades for around 19.5K with around 26K, but it was too far away. I feel like I did good. I believe KBB retail with these upgrades is around 23K.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Dennis F;8572314]An antenna error is usually a disconnected one. If there is a lost signal it would say/flash no signal.

So how do I make sure it is connected? Where do I check and how in the world would it come disconnected??
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If ya just got it cant you take it back to them?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Well I live 6 hours from the dealership I bought it from. The closest Mitsu dealer is around 3 and half hours away. I don't mind making a trip the next time its due for service though.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh bummer man.
That would be something that would irk the hell outta me. Especially on a newly bought car.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

The search feature is amazing lol. I guess there are several other RA owners on here that had the same issue. They said something about removing fuse #7 or disconnecting the battery for about 5 min. I removed the fuse, put back in and no luck. I didn't want to take apart the intake tube just to get to the battery tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Yeah I called the dealer when I was on the road this morning. He apologized and said they would look into. I don't count on that leading to anything so I will do some more searching and just go to my local mitsu dealer. Local being probably around 3 1/2 hours lol. But its better than nothing.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

As far as the car sounding like its still on, its just the fans going trying to cool the car, its totally normal. Sorry about the navi issue, that aside, your gonna love your new car.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SOG RA
As far as the car sounding like its still on, its just the fans going trying to cool the car, its totally normal. Sorry about the navi issue, that aside, your gonna love your new car.
Thats great news about the fans. If the Navi is the only issue I can deal with that haha. I know I will get it taken care of.

So far the car has been getting great comments from all ages. Adults and younger people both seem to like it.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:16 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats, you're going to love that thing.

If I were u, first thing I would order is a set of Rallyarmor mud flaps. Otherwise, you're gonna get a lot of rock chips (because the paint's very thin).

The car will keep the fans running for 3 minutes after u turn the car off if the outside temperature's hot and you've been using the AC or driving it hard then immediately turning it off. It doesn't keep the motor running (i.e. does NOT have a turbo timer) so it will not keep the oil circulating. But the turbo is oil + water cooled so its not too bad. Just avoid boosting a few minutes before you intend to stop and let it idle for 30-60 sec before turning it off.

Also, maybe it's cause I'm frugal with my wear and tear but I find that in auto mode, when you're in 10-40mph stop and go traffic, it'll shift into its highest gear as soon as it can to save gas. The problem is that when you end up shifting like this in stop and go traffic: 1-2-3-4-5-6-5-4-5-6-5-4-3-4-5-6-5-4-3-2-1, when you can get by with 1-2-3-4-5-4-5-3-2-1. I usually keep it in manual mode for this reason. Plus it lets me rev the motor higher and get the oil flowing.

You're gonna be getting lots of comments. I swear, every time I go upstate (and I do that 3-4 weekends a month) and drop by the smaller towns, people are always high beaming me, giving me thumbs up, and walking up to the car when it's parked to check it out.

Congrats again and enjoy the ride!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Smokahontus
My one though it that making the rockford system work with an aftermarket nav is unlikely, your bestbet will be to get the actual nav system our car can come with.
I just stumbled upon this if you're looking to go aftermarket audio.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:54 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
Went back to his house turned the car off but..... the car stayed on sort of. Was this some sort factory turbo timer. I hope so haha.
Someone on Evoxforums posted an official mitsubishi video of a technician explaining the sst transmission. He said in the video that the car runs for a few seconds to allow the transmission to place the gears in the proper place for the next time that it turns on.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the new RA and have lots of fun with it. Take some time and look through tons of threads in all the 09+ RA and even the Evo X show and shine sections to see what everybody else has been doing to their RA's to help you figure out what you want to do to your RA if u haven't already got it all planned out.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
Sorry Alchem can't help out about the VR-4 wheels I got rid of the VR-4 when I bought my Z.

No problem, was just curious. Enjoy the new ride!

Last edited by Alchem1st; Aug 11, 2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:14 AM

definitely get the rallyarmor mud flaps. they help the car look wider and meaner, and also protect that paper-thin paint job. I have RG too, and went with the silver typing on it.

I blacked out my middle hood scoop with vinyl from ebay. I think it looks a lot better on the RG - sets it off more. Just an idea:

Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA-mwrrml.jpg

I'm installing a Prosport Digital Boost Gauge this weekend. It should be easy and it's mostly a novelty, I don't think we need one. That being said, I think it's cool.

Upgrade your brakes/tires asap. I'm going with 4 continental DWS all seasons at 225/45/R18 soon, and already have front/rear EBC red stuff pads in the mail.

Quick Reply: Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA