Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congratulation on the purchase, keep it clean.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smokahontus
a tune helps alot with the lag off the line, as will a sprint booster.

Glad you like i though.

My one though it that making the rockford system work with an aftermarket nav is unlikely, your bestbet will be to get the actual nav system our car can come with.
Sprintbooster should be one of the first mods on the list .

That said, congrats on the Ralliart and the color too. Stands out for sure
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by defiant2006
definitely get the rallyarmor mud flaps. they help the car look wider and meaner, and also protect that paper-thin paint job. I have RG too, and went with the silver typing on it.

I blacked out my middle hood scoop with vinyl from ebay. I think it looks a lot better on the RG - sets it off more. Just an idea:

I'm installing a Prosport Digital Boost Gauge this weekend. It should be easy and it's mostly a novelty, I don't think we need one. That being said, I think it's cool.

Upgrade your brakes/tires asap. I'm going with 4 continental DWS all seasons at 225/45/R18 soon, and already have front/rear EBC red stuff pads in the mail.
Nice looking RA great color Thanks for the advice. Where do you plan on putting your gauges? I see the A pillar is out because of the head air bags.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul

That said, congrats on the Ralliart and the color too. Stands out for sure
I will have to do some more research on this. I have never heard of them. Does it improve throttle response and get the car moving faster from a stop?

Mire- I will def. be keeping the RA very clean had it for one day and already washed it one time. This weekend I am going to wash again the throw some nice wax on
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
... They said something about removing fuse #7 or disconnecting the battery for about 5 min. I removed the fuse, put back in and no luck. I didn't want to take apart the intake tube just to get to the battery tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
FYI, You don't need to remove anything in order to cut battery power. In the fuse box, on the left side of it there is a 50 or 60A fuse with a big yellow cap on it. It's the battery master fuse, just pull it out.

I used it to isolate my battery when leaving the car parked for 2 months in the middle winter. I'm pretty confident nothing gets powered when this fuse is pulled out.

I find it a nice anti-theft system as well when leaving the car parked for an extended period of time. If someone tries to start the car, I doubt they would look in the fuse box for a removed fuse!

Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy it!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:41 PM

Nice looking RA great color Thanks for the advice. Where do you plan on putting your gauges? I see the A pillar is out because of the head air bags.
Well I think the whole "no gauges in the A pillar" is a little myth from what I've read. The bags are not that far down, they're in the top of of the pillar like a curtain. In the event of a wreck the gauge would go towards the windshield, not your face.

That being said, I don't want them there. I'm probably going to put mine near where the top of the stereo dash meets the steering wheel dash area. I might even do a how-to in order to help some, even though it's kinda straightforward..
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AcidReflux
FYI, You don't need to remove anything in order to cut battery power. In the fuse box, on the left side of it there is a 50 or 60A fuse with a big yellow cap on it. It's the battery master fuse, just pull it out.

I used it to isolate my battery when leaving the car parked for 2 months in the middle winter. I'm pretty confident nothing gets powered when this fuse is pulled out.

I find it a nice anti-theft system as well when leaving the car parked for an extended period of time. If someone tries to start the car, I doubt they would look in the fuse box for a removed fuse!

Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy it!
I owe you a huge thank you!!!! You made my night. I got home from work, grilled some burgers for the wife and I. Then I went out and removed that fuse. Plugged it back in, turned it to Sirius and it said the magic words. Updating!! The music sounded so good with that sub pounding! I just don't know how long the subscription is for?? Either way I am happy!!!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Isn't that just a throttle-signal amplifier?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

I read that it doesn't show any HP gains or increase 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs. I think I would rather put my money toward something that shows real gains. Anyone else that has one that can chime in.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:44 PM
Former Sponsor

I read that it doesn't show any HP gains or increase 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs. I think I would rather put my money toward something that shows real gains. Anyone else that has one that can chime in.
Of course it doesn't increase power output. It is kind of like adding lead to your shoes. It just increases the signal impulse going from the peddle to the ECU.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

As far as the Pillar pod being an issue with the airbags, this has been covered many many times and the airbags actually deploy above the window so you can have any pillar pod setup you want and it will not be an issue if you are in an accident, good luck. If for some reason you dont like that look, you can get the perrin gauge pods, which attach to the steering column, one on each side, looks pretty good.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

grats! welcome =)
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Okay I get in the car today excited have the Sirius working. First thing it says is antenna error. I went ahead and made an appointment for next friday at the dealership. Just sucks the closest dealer is 3 and half hours away. At least I will be able to get it fixed now.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:10 AM

Thats one of the things about Mitsubishis where i live. at least hours to the nearest dealer.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Okay new update! I don't know why but instead of trying out Sat 1, I went to Sat 2 and I now have Sirius radio again LOL. I don't get it but at least I can access the satelite radio on Sat2. I wonder if anyone else ever tried that?

Quick Reply: Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA