Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya know I feel bad that I forgot to mention the gas tank size when we were talking Z's. No offense to anyone here regarding the 14 gal tank. It just pales in comparision to the SUV like Z tank that had close to a 500 mile range in 20 gallons. Just consider driving to and from (certinaly not while you are there) the gas station joy ride time. Enjoy!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:07 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hell the lambo murc has a 27 (!) gallon tank.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whealy
Ya know I feel bad that I forgot to mention the gas tank size when we were talking Z's. No offense to anyone here regarding the 14 gal tank. It just pales in comparision to the SUV like Z tank that had close to a 500 mile range in 20 gallons. Just consider driving to and from (certinaly not while you are there) the gas station joy ride time. Enjoy!
Thats one thing I noticed right away. The gas tank is def smaller but with the mods I had done to the Z it like to eat gas fairly fast anyway. A plus was the total amount it costs me to fill up compared to the Z. I think its a happy medium.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

eh... the tank on the RA is smaller than the tanks on the regular Lancers too. Given the RA requires Premium, the cost is still the same per tank for me... Though the cruising range is significantly shorter... like 100 to 200 miles shorter... It's a price I gladly pay for a ride that's orders of magnitude more fun to drive, and has no problems spanking most other cars on freeway on-ramps...
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I say its worth it for sure. When you guys do mods to the RA like a tune that will give it more HP/TQ does that make the gas mileage worse at all?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

From what other members on here have been saying, after their custom tunes they have actually been getting a little bit better gas mileage with the added power. Win win if you ask me.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Wellcome, so how many people have asked if your RA is the new EVO so far? lol
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled

I get considerably better milage on the highway with this current tune.

about 4 mpg more. In the city is a different story though
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Wellcome, so how many people have asked if your RA is the new EVO so far? lol
Haha actually had 2 people so far. Well they just thought it was the EVO didn't really ask if it was the new one but pretty much the same thing LOL. I really love the car and how it handles. My single complaint for the entire car is the initial accelleration. I really want to get a tune though that should help out with that.

It was kind of funny I pulled up next to this Volvo. I noticed this guy checking it out so I thought he may get on it. Sure enough the light turns green and he squeels the tires. I just push on it, at first a little sluggish then BAM just breeze by. I don't condone street racing and just went up to the speed limit didn't take much to get passed the guy. Score one for the RA
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

As far as gas mileage with a tune, mine has gone up drastically. I will also say that having a full TBE has helped it as well.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

I saw the Cobb is 600.00. Can you find the devices any cheaper?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

S2K, just get a used on under the private classifieds. I got mine for 450 shipped. You can get them for around that if not a little cheaper. Works fine, no issues. No point in buying new as long as the guy before you takes care of his ish
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

I have just seen some really good tuning numbers, when you take them and get them dyno tuned in. I just think you can get the cobb, use the mail in tunes for the time being and then get it dyno tuned once your ready.

The only thing is that I have read things about how great the boost pill is and the AMS or GST tune. Can you get a gain in boost with the Cobb without the boost pill? I like the ability to have a valet tune or go back to stock so quickly too.

If you go to the dealer and you have the AMS tune with the boost pill, you can't just get rid of the tune and leave the boost pill in there. They say you must have a tune if you have the boost pill.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:26 PM

the first car ive allways wanted was the 350z but my mom said no to 2 door cars bc the difficulty of getting in and out but now i have my 09 Lancer Ralliart which is sooo much better and cooler
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Congratulations!! Welcome to the family!!

Quick Reply: Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA