Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA

I went about 6 hours with my wife to check out a 2009 Lancer Ralliart with 22K miles. It has the Recarro seat and Rockford package. The only thing I wish it had was the navigation but that is soon to change hopefully. This was my first time driving the RA or any Lancer for that matter. I was very impressed with the grip and handling of the AWD system. The performance feels awesome too. It is different from the Z but in a good way. The only negative thing about the performance I would say is the initial take off. This wasn't my first Mitsubishi or turbo. I used to have a 91 3000GT TT VR4. That was a fun car but def. outdated now. I am enjoying being back in the Mitsu family and will be on the forums a lot hoping to get to know you guys better. Thanks so far for the help with all my noobie questions!
Me saying goodbye to the Z

Not the best camera phone pic but the RA at a gas station on the way home. BTW I love the fuel economy that the car has. A great balance of power and economy. I love the seats so comfortable! I don't think I could have made a better choice. I don't think I will have any buyers remorse here lol.

I will get good pics up soon!
Now one of my old TT VR4

Last edited by S2K2EVO; Aug 10, 2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:29 PM
Account Disabled

a tune helps alot with the lag off the line, as will a sprint booster.

Glad you like i though.

My one though it that making the rockford system work with an aftermarket nav is unlikely, your bestbet will be to get the actual nav system our car can come with.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
grats
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

That slow feel off the line is actually your TCU protecting your expensive and sophisticated transmission from hard/agressive launches. Personally, I'd rather have it that way. I'm not sending my car down the 1/4mile.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats. Welcome to the club. I would check out the GST basemap for some cheap power.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

love the vr4!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really dig that color.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
funny thing is, that 3kgt, in that condition, even though it's "outdated" would likely still be worth about what you paid for the RA. i personally think you made the right choice tho, you'll enjoy the new car for sure
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice RA! Sorry to go but do you know what the specs are on those VR4 wheels? I need some winter wheels that fit over 1G GTO calipers. I just haven't seen those particular (stock?) wheels before. Nice collection of cars you've had! Enjoy your new RA, if I had the cash to buy a new car, that's what I would get.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on the new car

-anthony
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the group!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Good job of getting rid of that selfish, selfish Z, you can have kids now

Congrats, I'm glad the ralliart fills what the Z has left.

I got an SUV after my 350z and had trade-in remorse for months.... until the ralliart entered the picture.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:35 PM

Welcome!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Nice choice!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments! The more I drive the car the more I find out things I like about it. Roversix thats funny about the Z. It did kind of seem like that but I guess at the time when you don't have kids in the mix it was a great fun car.

Geardownson, thanks in person it looks so much better. It almost seems to change shades as you walk around it. In bright sun or at dusk the color really fits the attitude of the car.
One thing I love is aggressive angry looking front end. The HID headlights seem as bright as the Z's and they do a great job.

I do have one problem question for everyone. When I go to the Sat. radio mode, it says antenna error and won't do anything. During the test drive we were able to listen to the sirius radio. Do you think they are subscribed to something at the dealership and then once we travelled away it just lost signal??

I will def be saving up some money for a tune. Do you guys have a preference in boost gauge or feel that we need one?

Thanks again for the nice welcome.
Sorry Alchem can't help out about the VR-4 wheels I got rid of the VR-4 when I bought my Z.
One last question that is on my mind. I went by my brothers house and we did some hard driving. Went back to his house turned the car off but..... the car stayed on sort of. Was this some sort factory turbo timer. I hope so haha.

Quick Reply: Official Bye 350Z Hello 09 RA