Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Excess Blinker Blinkage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excess Blinker Blinkage

So I was changing lanes on the highway last night and I flcked the "indicator handle" just a quick up and down and and it kept blinking even after it was back in the neutral position. I thought oh great something screwy on the car already. But wait! I'm thinking that this actually does this. Through vigorous testing on the highway, you just move it up and back to the neutral position normally. It will blink once as you move it and then continue for 2 more blinks. Am I going crazy or does this hapen with anyone else?
Thanks,

-Ralliheart
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

the car is designed to do this. U tap the blinker (up or down) once and it will blink 3 times. I assume its for changing lanes. Mine does it. I enjoy this feature.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

this is a convenience feature - you see this on mercedes and bmw products as well
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

You are low on blinker fluid. Stop by Advanced Auto or Auto Zone and pick up a gallon. I think they are running a special this week.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
You are low on blinker fluid. Stop by Advanced Auto or Auto Zone and pick up a gallon. I think they are running a special this week.
lol make sure you ask for synthetic
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

i think its a feature, i discovered/use it since day 1.

now do that with the windshield washer handle... now that's a defect IMO
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe that if you fully engage the blinker, and disengage it after one blink - it will only blink one time. However on taps, it blinks 3 times.

If you have the navi, you can turn the lane change 3-blink off if it bothers you. I personally like it and use it all the time. It's awesome.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
I believe that if you fully engage the blinker, and disengage it after one blink - it will only blink one time. However on taps, it blinks 3 times.

If you have the navi, you can turn the lane change 3-blink off if it bothers you. I personally like it and use it all the time. It's awesome.

ya, the navi system allows you to turn off that 3 blink feature.

but why would u anyways?? if u ever get a ticket for failure to signal lane change, you can fight it by saying your car does a minimum of 3 blinks w/ a tap and that the cop was just blind.. haha.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Hey good point with the ticket fighting. Ya I thought it was a cool thing. Just freaked me out at first.

-Ralliheart
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:37 AM
Account Disabled

Another nice feature I happened upon which I really enjoy is if you have your front windshield wipers on and you put the car in reverse, the rear wiper automagically turns on.

- Bryan
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Another nice feature I happened upon which I really enjoy is if you have your front windshield wipers on and you put the car in reverse, the rear wiper automagically turns on.

- Bryan
For one second, I thought u were kidding.. haha completely forgot there's a 5dr version
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports

- Bryan
Nice to know! I wouldn't have figured that out until like January or some 'ish.... so cal is so dry...
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by initial_d2k
For one second, I thought u were kidding.. haha completely forgot there's a 5dr version
Yea I forgot the Evo 10 / RA sedan deleted the rear wiper. I was bummed about that. The Evo 8/9 sedan has a rear wiper, it was one of the many advantages over the Impreza.

- Bryan