Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What Rack?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Rack?

Looking for a roof rack for the RA to carry my kayak and the peddler. Something with a wind deflector on front because it cleans up the look of it. Yakima looks good? Any opinions?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:15 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine
Looking for a roof rack for the RA to carry my kayak and the peddler. Something with a wind deflector on front because it cleans up the look of it. Yakima looks good? Any opinions?
Try doing a search on here and also the evo x section. Supposedly the towers for the toyota corolla fit the RA's.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:24 AM

I have my thule roof rack for sale, let me know if you're interested. I also have 2 thule bike rack for it

included 400xtr rapid aero foot with fitkit
2 rapid aero barts.
let me know if you're interested.

Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bisdakr
I have my thule roof rack for sale, let me know if you're interested. I also have 2 thule bike rack for it

included 400xtr rapid aero foot with fitkit
2 rapid aero barts.
let me know if you're interested.

you willing to part with just the feet? Also do you have any closer pics of the rack?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

I got the Inno base rack system from ORSRacksDirect.com Just tell them it's a 2008 Evolution, because they don't have the 2009 Ralliart listed under the fitment chart. The system is significantly less than the Thule or Yakima (even includes locks at no extra charge) and the quality/fitment is great.

I wouldn't recommend Inno's snowboard clamp that slides out though, it's too high profile and the slide feature just isn't needed unless you have an SUV or something tall.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
I got the Inno base rack system from ORSRacksDirect.com Just tell them it's a 2008 Evolution, because they don't have the 2009 Ralliart listed under the fitment chart. The system is significantly less than the Thule or Yakima (even includes locks at no extra charge) and the quality/fitment is great.

I wouldn't recommend Inno's snowboard clamp that slides out though, it's too high profile and the slide feature just isn't needed unless you have an SUV or something tall.

I'm not sure if I found the right parts or not but the Inno system appears to have a clamp that comes down the side of the car to hook into a window frame. It doesnt appear to use the factory mounting locations. Is that correct?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes, the Ralliart sedan doesn't have the factory mounting locations. Those are only found on the Sportback versions, unless they changed the sedan for 2011.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the Ralliart sedan doesn't have the factory mounting locations. Those are only found on the Sportback versions, unless they changed the sedan for 2011.
Oh ok, Ive got a sport back and would prefer to use the factory mounting locations.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:19 PM

sorry planing to sell as whole, i'll try to look for closer pics. there isn't really mounts for it. it will grab on to the window/door trim using the fitkit. virtually any car with similar body as your car will work. I don't think they sell fitkit for evo's but you just have to find a similar vehicle. My fitkit is from my lexus is250 which fit my evo fine.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

urmmm yes they do... i have a 2009 with a inno rack system... its marked by the indent inside the top of the doors frame near the centers where the roof meets rain gutters and the center points are marked with a small rectangular marking

check it out unless its for something else my rack fits prefect!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

evil03, yeah i know about that. DaJackson was referring to the mounting points under the rain channels that the Sportbacks have.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

evil03, yeah i know about that. DaJackson was referring to the mounting points under the rain channels that the Sportbacks have.
Exactly...I thought that was a Ralliart thing not just a sportback thing.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

lol my bad!