Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Garnish?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Garnish?

I've looked through the threads a little, I noticed some people posted pictures with their Ralliart with the Evo X front garnish, the one with the snouts. I was wondering if that was using the actual OEM part or if it was an after market part like this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1630wt_939). Personally the after market looks a little booty like its just going to stick on top of the one thats on there already...seeing the 3M tap on the back -__-" and I don't think its going to look quite how I think. So I was wondering if using the OEM one is even possible. I recently got into an accident, was rear ended and hit the car in front of me...and rather than replacing it with the original Ralliart OEM piece garnish, I'd rather just replace it with the Evo X looking garnish. o__O Any thoughts?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:21 PM

Exclamation

+1 on this front garnish...there is an OB ralli with that evo front wud hlp if he post
some info where and how he got it done....

thnks in advance....
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

That acctually looks pretty good, however with it being on ebay, question the quality, check for return policy, and check if anyone else has bought one in the past.

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Sep 29, 2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

I bought mine from a guy I know locally, but I'm pretty sure he bought it off ebay. The one in the first link looks identical to the one on my nose.

BUT... it's designed for NA Lancer noses. I had to shape the ends considerably to fit. The tape is rubbish, but the quality of the part is first rate. Mine is stuck on with silastic now.

I did a how-to here: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=4393
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bobcrusader
I bought mine from a guy I know locally, but I'm pretty sure he bought it off ebay. The one in the first link looks identical to the one on my nose.

BUT... it's designed for NA Lancer noses. I had to shape the ends considerably to fit. The tape is rubbish, but the quality of the part is first rate. Mine is stuck on with silastic now.

Looks like you have to register to see that post.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I've also curious about this. I remember reading awhile back that you will see the styrofoam bumper support and other bracketry if you swapped to an X nose garnish unless you painted them or took them off.. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what i've read on the forums that i had to check for this its a nose peice made by ARS body kits... like one guy said above u have to do some trimming to make it fit...

and i'm pretty sure this is the only way to get the vents in ur bumper with out buying an evo bumper... i think the center peice is a part of the bumper
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ya from what i've read you need the OEM EVO X bumper but for the inlet to actually work you would have to cut into the bumper support beam. If you take a look at the EVO X beam there are cut outs for these holes. The other problem is that the EVO X front bumper is made for the widebody stance so the ends will stick out unless you wide body the fenders. I'd say it's maybe not worth the hassle but it would look pretty sweet.

-Ralliheart
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

you'd just need the front crash beam off the evo... theres a guy on one of the 3 forums i've been on looking for the nose trim that put the crash beam on his car.... for the life of me have no idea who he his though
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by bobcrusader

Ah, I registered with the forum, very nice work indeed. Looks like I may give it a try. See how it goes. Yours looks really clean looking. I just hope I can get the same result. Wonder how it would look with a carbon fiber mesh o_O"
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

I have the EVO crash bar on my car. I also have the ARS piece with the vents. I've just been too lazy to fit it properly. Since the stock piece is part of the bumper, holes would need to be cut for the vents on the new piece and I was not yet prepared to commit to the cutting. It came unpainted, so I would have to do that as well. I went this route because I thought it would be worth while having extra airflow with UR's giant FMIC.

Last edited by Piper747; Sep 30, 2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

where'd u snag the crash beam from

Originally Posted by Piper747
I have the EVO crash bar on my car. I also have the ARS piece with the vents. I've just been too lazy to fit it properly. Since the stock piece is part of the bumper, holes would need to be cut for the vents on the new piece and I was not yet prepared to commit to the cutting. It came unpainted, so I would have to do that as well. I went this route because I thought it would be worth while having extra airflow with UR's giant FMIC.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

I got it from an Evo owner local to me that went with the JDM crash bar with the tow hooks.