Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AMS small battery kit dies

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS small battery kit dies

I had the AMS small battery kit installed in mid june with the intake and i went to start my car the other day but got nothing...does anyone know what the problem might be?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Battery is dead?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is why I am just relocating my stock battery to the trunk. I hear to many issues about small battery kits. Hope you get yours fixed man.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I havnt had any issues at all with my small battery kit and I had a 1000 watt system hooked up to it for awhile.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

how long was the car sitting. My mini battery dies if I let it sit for more than 3 days without hooking up a charger. Especially if you have an alarm, they won't last very long if the car sits. If you run the car everyday it shouldn't die on you.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

i drive the car everyday with no problems...then all of a sudden "ABS service required" pops up so i parked my car and when i went to start it again...got nothing! and my dash was lighting up and flickering.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Some people dont have problems with them. But I have heard more horror stories then good with these batteries. IMHO, you cant go wrong with the stock battery relocated to the trunk. I would not want to pay that much money to have it die on me when I dont start the car for a week.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MikeRA87
I had the AMS small battery kit installed in mid june with the intake and i went to start my car the other day but got nothing...does anyone know what the problem might be?
turn your lights off when you park? interior and exterior.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

yes i always make sure my lights are off..i think im gonna have to relocate my factory battery to the trunk..seems like what most ppl are doin
Old Oct 3, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

again small batteries are not reliable compare to oem battery. If you want smaller battery I'd suggest go with Miata battery or Baker battery, they are not as small as ams ones but you still can save some weight and maintain reliability.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Just a heads up but you guys that are relocating your OEM batteries to the trunk do realize you need to put them in a sealed battery box and vent that outside the cabin right??

I havn't had any issues with my mini battery, it's made it through 1 winter so far and I also have a fairly large sub amp on mine without any issues.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kieffer87
Just a heads up but you guys that are relocating your OEM batteries to the trunk do realize you need to put them in a sealed battery box and vent that outside the cabin right??

I havn't had any issues with my mini battery, it's made it through 1 winter so far and I also have a fairly large sub amp on mine without any issues.
Actually no, I did not know that. School me plz. My buddy has been running his stock battery in the trunk since 2006, no issues.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

There is a very dangerous gas that is emitted from a standard car battery. If you put it in your car without a vented box to the outside you could get very sick or even die. You have a second choice if you don't want to get a vented box. You can get a gel cell. That is the type of battery that is used in the Evo's. They are completely sealed and are safe in your cars cabin.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

What is the best kit to relocate the battery to the trunk? Does anyone have an opinion?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do not use a small battery for this reason. Especially if this is a car you rely on for a daily basis and you live some place where it gets very hot or very cold. I consider them only viable for race cars that never get very far away from a garage full of tools and replacement parts.

Quick Reply: AMS small battery kit dies